Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Don't get her

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Alright! :wave:

Its been a while since i posted but could use a bit of advice/knowledge..

Theres a girl who i met on a society night out, we got on, swapped contact info and added on facebook..didnt really pay much notice, happens a lot so just left it at that. Anyway, after a while she started talking to me over facebook chat..we got on really well so swapped phone numbers and spoke about going to see a film. I kind of forgot about the whole film thing but text her one night asking if she was out and she replied with something like 'no, not out, ive only got a tenner left and im saving that for when we go to see this film ;) xx' - so pretty massive hint there, anyway i took her out, went to see a film just before Christmas and we got on well texted a bit afterwards. Then it was Christmas so busy times and we didnt really text.
Start of new year and we both were on a ski trip with uni for a week, she pretty much b-lined me on the first night, came straight over to talk, sat next to me and within 2 minutes was pulling me, this happened probably 2/3 other nights on the trip but she'd always go back off to her mates if ever they were leaving to go somewhere.
Now..we've spoke a couple of times over facebook chat again and she always seems quite happy to talk to me but if i text her now she just doesnt reply at all :confused:. And the final part of the story is I went out to a bar/club with some friends on sunday night and she was there, the club was more of a chilled out one than a dancey one so i was sat there talking to some friends and every now and then she'd come over, sit on my knee and chat a little bit, or just walk over kiss me for a bit then leave. So one of the times i asked her about meeting up in the week and she kind of went through her schedule with me (monday i cant im doing this/ tuesday working etc etc) but then she said 'oh im free in the day though so if you wanna do something wed or thurs that'd be good we can go for drinks or something or go see another film', i said yeah, wed is cool we'll sort out times and that in the week.
Told her i was leaving soon, she went back to her friends but told me to come find her before i left so she could say bye, so i did, she gave me a pretty decent kiss then i left with my friends

Sent her a text last night asking what time she wanted to meet today..no reply..w.t.f

So whats going on, normally im pretty decent at figuring women out but this one has got me stumped to be honest. In person she seems really keen and into me, then she just doesnt text back..:confused: :crazyeyes

eta: On sunday at the club one of my female friends was talking to her and came back saying shes keen on me and that she seems to really like me, which makes it even more confusing as to why she would ignore my texts

Comments

• Options
    It's good to get communication going right from the start of a relationship. So why don't you just ask her? "Am I wasting my time texting because you never seem to reply?" :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hmm, because she is being so warm to you in person, and she mentioned money was tight before - could it be as simple as having no credit on phone? :chin:

Agree with Teagan though. :)
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Hmm, because she is being so warm to you in person, and she mentioned money was tight before - could it be as simple as having no credit on phone? :chin:

Agree with Teagan though. :)
    Pretty sure she's on contract as she has an iphone and is always online with it so i dont think thats the issue. Teagans idea is good though and i will ask that next time i see her. Any suggestions as to why she wouldnt text back though minus the money thing? just seems a bit wierd.
    If im honest i do like the chase, but its a bit of a strange chase this one
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    It's really hard (and probably not advisable) to second guess, but my first thought would be past experience having an impact on how she feels things should go. Lack of interest seems unlikely - but if it is that then it's a sure sign of immaturity. ;)
  • Options
    Why don't you just call her rather than text?

If she doesn't answer that it's a much clearer sign. Since you've met her and kissed I'd have thought calling was a lot simpler than this text malarky. If she answers you'll also hear if she doesn't really want to talk to you or if she's eager.
  • Options
    I often ignore my phone, I hate mobile phones. Doesn't mean I don't like the person, I just can't be arsed to text. It sounds like she does like you soI'd try contacting her a different way.