Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Question on weight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm around 5ft 9 / 5ft 10-ish, and I weigh around 120lbs.
Do you think I need to put weight on?

Comments

• Options
    You sound like you're underweight, so yes.
  • Options
    Hi Fish94,

There's a tool on the NHS website that guides you through measuring your Body Mass Index. This may help you to know what a healthy weight should be.

If in any doubt, we recommend you speak to your Doctor. How would you feel about doing this?

Take care and keep posting :)
  • Options
    well, i'm 5'8" and weigh about the same as you and "apparently" that means i'm underweight. i'm a girl though.

i'd assume because your a bloke and are taller than me, you are rather underweight so possibly, you might need to put on a bit of weight. however, it completely depends on your build.

my brother is 6'6" and is classed as underweight. he eats lots, works out and looks healthy though. he just can't bulk up. he's just built that way :)

bmi can be an indicator of whether you should put on/lose weight but i wouldn't necessarily take it so seriously to be honest. it reckons i'm underweight which is a load of rubbish.

if i were you, i'd speak to your doctor about it if you are worried. those are the best people to get advice from :)
  • Options
    I know my BMI is roughly 17.2, and it was more just for opinions than worrying
    Thank you very much though :]
  • Options
    Do you eat enough?
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Do you eat enough?

I have a very high metabolism; I eat more than most people but fail to put weight on.