Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

spots!

i'm not sure whats going on with my skin at the moment but i feel like a teenager again!!!!

my skin is normally alright especially in the winter but at the moment i've got a right spotty chin and forehead.

i use cleansing wipes both morning and night (in the night to remove my make-up) and also have this clearasil facial scrub thingy that i've been using for weeks but its not working.

any suggestions?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    menstrual cycle?
    katralla wrote: »
    menstrual cycle?
    This. Mine gets horrible on my period these days. It wasn't too bad last time but I was getting huge breakouts that would only just be healing when the next one came around. Frustrating. Not helped by being a stresshead.

At night, you should be using wipes and cleanser. The wipes are removing your makeup but not necessarily cleansing your skin. I use makeup remover wipes first (mine are MAC and they are amazingly amazing but then I wear a fair bit of makeup) and then cleanser/toner or cleansing&toning wipes.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    katralla wrote: »
    menstrual cycle?

:yes: I reckon so too. Check out our askTheSite archived question on exactly the same topic.

Main thing I find with spots at that time of the month is to avoid putting anything on my skin that might aggravate and to keep my fingers well away! :)
    You're not wrong. Hormones + skin =:shocking: I'm looking like a 13-year-old me right about now. Also agree that stress is a bugger for it!

And make sure you're eating well, cause it'll show on your face first.
    I've got adult acne too, i've had it for about a year now :( it's horrible! It seems to be the big red painful deep spots i'm getting, mostly on my cheeks, forehead and chin. The doc has given me an antibiotic liquid to use, but i haven't seen an improvement in 6 months (but then again, this last 6 months have been beyond stressful with severe anxiety)

I'm hoping a change of scene/lifestyle will help!
    Olive wrote: »

And make sure you're eating well, cause it'll show on your face first.

this is so true, diet has a huge effect on your skin, i know if ive been out boozing a few nights in a row, my skin looks horrible pretty soon after
    Franki wrote: »
    At night, you should be using wipes and cleanser.

thats what i do though, i take my make-up off with the wipes then use my clearasil facial cleansing scrub thingy :(

it is my girly time of the month right now but i've had these spots for weeks so i can't really blame that. i have been very stressed recently though, maybe thats it.

bloody skin :grump: i'm 24 next week, i shouldn't still be getting spots!
    Try not wearing makeup, learning some relaxation techniques for when you get home, and making sure you eat a balanced diet.
    you need to cleanse tone and moisturise which is what franki was saying, otherwise you have open pores with unhydrated skin...the two conditions acne seems to love!
    Unfortunately spots don't discriminate against age Blah, bloody wish they would though! I'm 29 and they still keep getting me. But yes menstrual cycle, stress, bad diet, booze etc. do always make mine worse.
    I'm on antibiotics again now until Sept and they seem to be *touching wood furiously* helping to tone mine down and make life fun and bearable again. I'd got to the point where i didn't have a social life or confidence because of mine.
    Spots are shite :grump:
    Skakitty, i found the antibiotic lotion managed to take down any swelling/redness but never actually keep them at bay or get rid of them that quickly. Might be worth going back to your docs x
    Skakitty, i found the antibiotic lotion managed to take down any swelling/redness but never actually keep them at bay or get rid of them that quickly. Might be worth going back to your docs

Yeh, true, i have found they make the spots less swollen/red, but they do not prevent them from re-occuring :( I have just bought the 'clean and clear' range, a gel cleanser, a toner, and oil free moisturiser - I am going bk to the docs, but I don't want to add another pill/ cream to my prescription right now because i'm moving abroad and don't want to pay for the repeat prescription hehe. I'm hoping a bit of sun, fresh air and a good routine will help! (the routine has never worked in the past, but i'm hoping the change in country might LOL)
    i'm not sure whats going on with my skin at the moment but i feel like a teenager again!!!!

my skin is normally alright especially in the winter but at the moment i've got a right spotty chin and forehead.

i use cleansing wipes both morning and night (in the night to remove my make-up) and also have this clearasil facial scrub thingy that i've been using for weeks but its not working.

any suggestions?

Mine too!

I never used to get spots up until I turned nineteen-ish, got a massive break out at the moment it's horrible.

Apparently tooth paste helps but I've tried it and it did nothing for me.

What type skin do you have?