Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Just a quick Hello!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I've been using the site for a while now and have finally got around to signing up to the forums so...

I'm Sam, currently living in Leeds and in the 2nd year of my sociology degree.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi :wave:
    Hey Student89

I'm Amy and I'm from London, hope you are well.

Sociology, how is that going?

x
    Hey Student89

I'm Amy and I'm from London, hope you are well.

Sociology, how is that going?

x

Thanks for the welcome you two :)

Sociology is going good thankyou. Starting semester 2 of year 2 in a few days and I can't wait. I know a lot of people may look down on sociology as a degree subject but I have found it to be really complex and challanging.

Hope you are well too Amy. May I ask what you do?
    Welcome to the boards Sam, I did Sociology at uni too :thumb:
    student89 wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome you two :)

Sociology is going good thankyou. Starting semester 2 of year 2 in a few days and I can't wait. I know a lot of people may look down on sociology as a degree subject but I have found it to be really complex and challanging.

Hope you are well too Amy. May I ask what you do?

Hey Sam, thanks for the reply. I am very good thanks x

I studied Marketing in London, just graduated last year and work for Great Ormond Street Hospital.

One of my close friends studies sociology and she absolutely loves it, from reading her textbooks and assignments I personally think I would struggle; but it is an amazing subject to study.

By the way, do you have to do dissertation for your course? If so have you started gathering your topics yet?

Take care
    Amy x
    Hey Sam, thanks for the reply. I am very good thanks x

I studied Marketing in London, just graduated last year and work for Great Ormond Street Hospital.

One of my close friends studies sociology and she absolutely loves it, from reading her textbooks and assignments I personally think I would struggle; but it is an amazing subject to study.

By the way, do you have to do dissertation for your course? If so have you started gathering your topics yet?

Take care
    Amy x

Working for Great Ormond St Hospital sounds like a rewarding job. Hmm a marketing graduate eh, how did you find your course? Do you find that you use what you did in your degree as part of your work?

And yes I have to do a dissertation next year which I'm not really looking forward to doing at all. Havn't decided what to do yet, maybe something on identity issues. Ah the problems of having such a wide-ranging course!

Sam