Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bank harrassment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep getting phone calls on my house phone from Barclays bank. When they call they ask for someone with a very similar name to mine, I thought at firs they were ringing for me, the names are that similar (and I have an unusual name).

I do not have now, nor have I ever had any account with barclays :(

They are phoning me approximately every two hours :( And have been doing so since before christmas :(

They won't say what they want as it's not me they want. They say they can't stop phoning me because they say they need to get in contact with the person they're after :(

All I want is for my phone to only ring for me.

I have tried calling numbers I have found for barclays online, to explain the situation but, I keep getting told I am being put on hold when what they actually do is hang up on me.

Advise anyone, apart from unpluggin my phone of course.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Every TWO hours?! Next time they ring, can you ask to speak to their manager or something?
    You've told them there is no one by that name on the number?

You could call BT and ask them to block the calls. http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_adp.php?p_faqid=9084&p_sid=LImFAaGi&p_lva=&cat_lvl1=345&cat_lvl2=351&cat_lvl3=363&p_cv=3.363&p_cats=345,351,363

Is it just the number, or the address? I'd be worried about people having committed fraud with your details
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Is it just the number, or the address? I'd be worried about people having committed fraud with your details

I'd check this out, although you may struggle as they won't be able to give you details if it's not your account. You can request a copy of your credit report, though, any activity would show on there.

What I'd do about the calls is keep ringing any Barclays number you find (or even go into a branch) and ask to speak to a manager (senior as you can). Ask to take their name and extension number, too, if you're on the phone. They won't be able to give you any details about the account because of data protection, but what they ARE able to do is to stop making calls about that account to an incorrect number.

Or you could have the number barred. That'd work!
    Good thinking bat people. Will get on it.

cheers
    Another way to get quick solutions is to ask to get put through to the complaints department or the legal team.