Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My day would be perfect if...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You make a good point. Pretty crazy that the library is open that late! Have another cider or five!
  • Options
    First day of late opening was today! w00t w00tThe rest of the facilities are still shit though- canteen's closed, shop shuts early, drinks machine out of order etc... bit of a shit hole at the moment but late night library is cool.
  • Options
    Ok, my day would have been closer to perfect if the drinks machine in the library had been working. Ta da.
  • Options
    Tomorrow wil be closer to perfect if I can get my DVD player to work, please work, just FUCKING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Is it a library at the school, as well as the canteen and shops? Cool! Is it a really big place?
  • Options
    Hmmn, no, not big, it's a tiny University really. Do you not have a shop and library and canteen where you study?
  • Options
    Oh no, it is a really tiny university. Nothing like the tv ones. It is one building with one floor.

Oh, I lied, there is a tiny eating area with an overpriced sandwich and coffee shop. My bad :p
  • Options
    what the fuck? Ha ha, sounds shit. Do you just use the public library then?
  • Options
    Nope :p I do everything online. The libraries of most universities in the whole state are linked up though so if you need a journal article you just search for it and they'll email you a copy or they'll ship any book to the library of your choice for you to pick up. All done from home :thumb:
  • Options
    I find working from home really difficult, unless it's watching a movie, that's a bit easier. I can read journals online from home, but still go to the library to do it usually- that's where my study head is at. And books, I like them, I like knowing my way around the aisles and picking up books, books I know are there and have read before or random ones from random places. Random is good. *thumbs up smiley that you did*
  • Options
    You'll have to take me to a trip of a library one day! I get all confused and scared by the randomness and so much stuff!

Working from school is probably easier. Less things to get distracted from. I usually only tend to write 1 line and then get up and do stuff... unless it is the night before of course, then I get hammered and sit up till 5am writing :p
  • Options
    chuckle, the stay up hammered technnique... funny.
  • Options
    I write great papers drunk and at the last minute. This semester was the first time when I didn't... ended up getting a B in one of my classes :\ Won't be doing that again!

I suggest the technique ;)
  • Options
    I used to do it often :D
  • Options
    And I bet you got great results! :D
  • Options
    indeed :D
  • Options
    And I bet you did too. Is that what they call highly functioning drunks :D
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    And I bet you did too. Is that what they call highly functioning drunks :D

I like that. We are the aspergers of drunks.
  • Options
    My day would be perfect if my ex girlfriend phoned me up and told me she wanted me back....

Sigh. I've been feeling so much better about things recently, but I think today is definately an off day. :(
  • Options
    Mine would be better if i could decide what to do tomorrow!
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    My day would be perfect if my ex girlfriend phoned me up and told me she wanted me back....

Sigh. I've been feeling so much better about things recently, but I think today is definately an off day. :(

Hey mate, just to say as someone whose felt similar recently you have shitty days but over time it does get better :( I hope things pick up soon...
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Hey mate, just to say as someone whose felt similar recently you have shitty days but over time it does get better :( I hope things pick up soon...

Thanks man. :) Yeah I know things will pick up soon enough, just being a pussy today. lol
  • Options
    I hadn't have failed my exam this morning and possibly my degree because of it. :crying:
  • Options
    I hadn't have failed my exam this morning and possibly my degree because of it. :crying:

Hugs.
  • Options

Ohhh *HUGS* hope everything is ok!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that ShyBoy :( Can your tutor help?
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that ShyBoy :( Can your tutor help?

Not particularly, I mean I can retake the exam, but the gap in my knowledge and the exam was massive. And I will need to pass on retake or I fail my degree. The module has been so badly taught that I've learnt all the wrong stuff in a sense. I know I'm not the only one who didn't like it... when I left the exam after an hour (it was a three hour paper) one of my coursemates had been taken out the exam hall crying. Loads of people have been complaining about it but the lecturer has just been a bit condascening.

It just seems all for naught now *sigh*
  • Options
    Hell man, that sounds terrible. It might be worth speaking the Student Union to see if they can help find a replacement lecturer to give some advice on reading and some tutorial time for a resit?

If nothing else could you consider a personal tutor to help study for the resit - your department should have doctoral students, maybe if 5 of you got together a few quid each you could find someone. I know most PhD students I know are always desperate for cash?
  • Options
    Yea we even had a facebook group to try to coordinate amongst ourselves reading and share notes and stuff.