Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Benzo question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Approximately how many days could one maintain a high (need-to-sleep-right-now high) on the weaker benzos such as bromazepam while being able to quit without any sort of withdrawal symptoms?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    iniquitous wrote: »
    Approximately how many days could one maintain a high (need-to-sleep-right-now high) on the weaker benzos such as bromazepam while being able to quit without any sort of withdrawal symptoms?

Benzos don't get you high ...they mong you out.
    Benzos can cause serious problems but not till you have been taking them for quite a while.
    Why do you want to take them?
    You'll get nothing done.
    Benzos don't get you high ...they mong you out.

High, mong - same thing if you know what benzos do. :thumb:

Thanks for the information.
    You mean days continuously or with sleeps in between?
    I would guess it would like a couple months of taking them and then stopping b4 you got the withdrawal symptoms- thing is...i know someone that took them for anxiety and ended up having to go to a rehab clinic because he couldn't withdrawal, but i think that's cuz when he tried to stop, his anxiety returned. If you are taking them for recreational use... i dnt know what the withdrawal would be like?
    Withdrawl from nicotine or heroin does you no harm in the long run but withdrawl from benzos ...even under expert direction can you screw you up for a long time ...even permanently.
    Be careful.
    withdrawal for me from benzo's to me is harsh even in light doses over short periods.. too scarey for me too consider taking them regular...
    iniquitous wrote: »
    High, mong - same thing if you know what benzos do. :thumb:

Thanks for the information.

Yes I know what the old benzos do ...had a few short moments in my life with them.
    To me though it aint getting high ...getting high is about feeling free and having a nice time.
    Monging is about escaping yourself.
    Escaping yourself is a lonely and cold road.
    True, I see benzos more as 'useful' than 'fun'.
    True, I see benzos more as 'useful' than 'fun'.

Thats a good way of looking at it.
    More like visiting a doctor than going to rave.
    yeh, for me, they are good at taking the edge off anxiety, if i take them when i'm really anxious, they don't have so much a sedative effect, they just remove my anxiety completely and i just feel fine which is brilliant :)
    The thing I dislike about benzos is the time lapsing and memory loss. Luckily I've never used them enough to have withdrawals, but a friend ended up in hospital with them.
    Doctors are advised not to prescribe them for longer than a few weeks unless absolutely needed, so I would assume physical addiction is possible after about a month. More that anything I would look at why you need to use them all the time.
    they don't last very long so if your trying to catch up missed sleep from anxiety or whatever you'll find that you'll wake up after a while feeling more anxious because benzos don't solve anxiety they just put it off.