Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A general moan about broken wrist.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
-

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What you have described is nothing different from any other person with a cast on. What I dont understand is that you want to self harm, yet you are scared of causing yourself an infection, i dont understand self harm so saying something like just dont do it isnt going to work.
    Hi Issie
    I don't think theres really much you can do to stop it itching, other than to try and ignore it, which I know isn't an easy thing to do. A friend of mine used a hairdryer on a cool setting. The air helped the itch.

Your wrist isn't getting much air and is probably getting sweaty too, so it is going to start to smell. I don't know what can be done to help the smell, but try not to get it wet, which you may probably already know, as the moisture won't help. If you are worried there could be an infection, just be aware of the smell, if it gets too bad, then get some advice from your GP.
    Hmmm, when I had a cast I don't remember it smelling... it itched a bit though, i think thats normal, after three weeks i felt that my arm would have healed sufficiently and so used a ruler to scratch but i don't reccommmend it as it makes it itch more!

If it smells bad maybe you should ask at the hospital/doctors, maybe it needs a new cast putting on?
    You can ask your doctor for a cast scratcher. It looks like a long thin spoon and it has no sharp edges so it is safe to use, wont break the skin.