Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Day trip to London

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I cant remember if I have posted a thread like this before, but im randomly thinking of going to London on an ad hoc day trip tomorrow morning. Now I dont mind things like the science museum, and i dont mind spending some money.

Recently I have been the kind of guy to enjoy just wandering about enjoying the scenery, but after a hard week at work, im tempted to enjoy myself and actually do something rather than mong it by sitting around in my room doing nothing.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go Sunday when its sunny, tomorrow its going to rain.

Have a walk along the Thames, I never get sick of checking out London from the riverside.
  • Options
    Hmm depends what you're into really.. Not sure how familiar you are with London but just for ideas..

Camden markets (I'm biased because I live there!...), it's changed a lot recently - around the Lock markets it's much bigger, more interesting food, moroccan cafes etc. Then you can walk through Primrose Hill and across to Regents Park, or along Regents Canal or to the London Zoo close by.

umm...if you like Art there's a few smaller galleries in East London, plus you can walk down Brick Lane where there's a great vibe...and haggle for a curry.

The Natural Histrory Museum is always good and they've got a new Darwin wing I think now. Or I like the Royal Academy for art - there's an interesting sculpture exhibition on at the moment that I've been meaning to go to.

That's all that comes to mind right now...
  • Options
    Obviously the weather has made it a good justification for not going, however something cropped up last night and Im now a little busy!
  • Options