Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sacked

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Everyone,:wave:

Well i just need some advice please, i started my new job in october 09, i have been off for 6 days with bad flu which i caught in work from a patient and a bad kidney infection, i phoned then every shift to say i would not be in, and i even phoned other staff to cover my shifts to save them having to phoned around.
The private company i work for does not pay sickness so i was losing money every day i was off so i needed to get myself well before i returned.
I was due in last night but had a call from the receptionist to say i didn`t need to come in that she (mananger) had a replacement for me !!!
I recieved a letter today from them dated 8th jan saying that i had to contact them by 12th jan or i would be terminated !!! but as i only recieved it today 14th jan it`s rather difficult, also i says on the letter that i have given them no contact since ill, which i have every shift.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Personally I would go in and speak directly to the manager, explaining what you've said here. Likely post was delayed due to the recent rubbish weather, but largely irrelevant since you've been in contact every day.
  • Options
    Hi Mist,

Thanks for your answer, well i have tried numerous times today to speak to them but they are unavailable, but i won`t give up
  • Options
    Agree with what Mist said, it also sounds like the messages weren't getting through to your manager.

Don't give up!