Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

this is a post for a friend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well, i have a close friend who has a problem that im increasingly growing worried about. Hes had alot pain in his testicals and his abdomen since around monday, he went to the doctors on tuesday and was given anti-biotics, the doctor was no help what so ever they didnt even tell him what they thought had caused it! Theres been no improvement since then, infact its gotten much worse, hes starting to swell now, and i jsut wanted to know if anyone knew much about it? I searched the symptons on the website, but im always skeptical to what i read on the net, so i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this?

I've read that this can mean torsion where the testicals can strangle themselfs? im just a tad worried.

Also hes going to the doctor tomorrow if he doesnt improve.

Comments

• Options
    I'd definitely tell him to get back to the docs.

I'm no testicle expert, but if he's getting worse despite having antibiotics, I'd suggest there's something other than an infection going on!
  • Options
    thats exactly my thinking! im just kinda worried and i know hes quite worried aswell....just peace of mind for both of us....

Has anyone had this problem before?
  • Options
    I thought they'd got rid of GPs that fobbed you off with antibiotics?

It might be worth going to a GU clinic - they know a lot about the area.
  • Options
    thanks for the replies! Sory its taken so long to reply.

He ended up having torsion, which means the testicle was twisted.....because he didnt get sent to A&E straight away they had to take it out :( and hes in the middle of recovery! But all seems to be healing fine :)