Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Problems Needing Resolved..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you stop thinking about selfharming and even suicide? I'm sick and tired of being a boring young goat, that worries about the slightest of things, cries about the slightest of things. I'm sixteen and I act as if im three. I don't have any clue anymore, on what to do! Like today for example, I cried over something extremely silly, however there was several other things on mind. And cause of this, im scared to talk to my friends, especially the ones i trust the most, and I also feel like im about to lose them, which I don't want to happen, cause they mean so much. Anyone Help?

Comments

• Options
    You find somebody to open up to, be it a counselor, psychologist, a forum, or even friends on the internet. Speaking from personal experience, venting helps a ton regardless of what you're feeling or thinking about. Just knowing that somebody else knows and cares means a lot and goes a long way.

And then you occupy yourself with other thoughts. It's much easier said than done, but the more you do, the busier you keep yourself and the more you have to think about the less your thoughts will consist of the bad things you'd rather not have in mind.
  • Options
    inquitious is right; venting is an excellent way to deal with this kind of thing. i know how hard it can be talking about certain things to friends too, but you shouldn't rule them out completely. you probably mean as much to them as they do to you, and would be happy to hear you out! but if friends and family aren't the way to go, a neutral party like a counselor or someone online or even a hotline would be better to talk to. the last thing you should do is try to face suicidal thoughts and depression alone, even if it feels tough at first to get it off your chest. spilling your guts to someone anonymously is very theraputic and may help a lot once you get going!
  • Options
    Is there maybe an adult you trust - a teacher or something? Maybe if you talk to your friends they will understand more, and you might actually find that they have some really good advice to give (and good hugs!) Even just talking to one or two you really trust, or who you think might understand the most. Or if you dont want to talk to someone, you could try writing stuff down...I tried it a few days ago and found it SO much help, even though before its never really worked.
    Hope your feeling better soon:)
    xxx