Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Unsure about college.

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
These past two weeks of college (a week before christmas) and a week now ive just had no motivation to go to college and thus ive just bunked off, im quite ashamed of it but im not sure what to do or how i feel about it.

I like the lessons theyre interesting apart from computing which is shit tbh.
I like the people there too theyre all nice n everything

I dont ever feel like going there anymore, no motivation at all.

I dont know what to do.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go to college.

One of my biggest regrets was leaving college. I could be on £30+ an hour now as a locum pharmacist. Or mixing up chemicals in labs to make new soap :)

You have to think of the bigger picture. You'll get better job with better pay if you have some good qualifications behind you.
  • Options
    At least see the year out, then at least you'll have something (am I right in thinking you're year 12? Forgive my silliness if I'm thinking wrong)

That way if you still don't want to do it then you've got something to show for it rather than dropping out without achieving anything, which won't look too good on your CV :)
  • Options
    I will, today i just stayed off because the only person i know who was ment to hang round with 4th period was off too (sick).. so i took that as an excuse - my mother thinks i dont like it, and when i told her i did like it - she never believed it.

Yeah i am in year 12.
  • Options
    Stick it out. School/college/uni years are the best of your life even if you dont like it at the time. Like Marina said, you need these qualifications to get a good job, so dont drop out.

Also, I know your prob not near exam time yet but even if you dont have anyone to hand with in your free periods, they will be a good time to get work done without distractions.
  • Options
    Emma_REmma_R Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    hi there,

sorry to hear you are feeling undermotivated by the idea of college. This is a tough time of year for lots of people because january can seem a bit empty and dark - it's really not unusual to feel like you don't want to do anything except curl up and eat chocolate (in my case anyway :) )

But it's possible you might have other reasons not to feel motivated - it's a question of working out what they are and then addressing them. This article might help you identify some of the reasons you don't feel like studying at the moment.

As everyone else here is saying, getting qualifications saves you hassle later on when it comes to getting a job, so if you can stick it out it's worth it.
  • Options
    I've just replied on your computing post. Same advice really. Just do something about it now because the longer you leave it, the harder it will be to catch up. Regardless what you've chosen now you need to finish the job because a drop out now isn't going to look good. Computing is a good subject in the long run, it might well be dull as fudge but it'll be damn useful in any industry. Just take one day at a time, really put the effort in and you'll reap the rewards soon! xx
  • Options
    No don't think like that. Think about your upcoming career. infact the fun you will have with your friends there. You don't need to be motivated. Just you need some guidance :)