Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wooton Bassett

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Well, it's not official...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/jan/12/islam4uk-banned-alan-johnson-islamist

Does this mean it is now officially okay to ban people we don't like? Can we have the BNP next please? Or we're only doing this to the 'darkies'?

An interesting point but I think this is an over simplification. The BNP doesn't call on violence against anyone.
  • Options
    Well, it's not official...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/jan/12/islam4uk-banned-alan-johnson-islamist

Does this mean it is now officially okay to ban people we don't like? Can we have the BNP next please? Or we're only doing this to the 'darkies'?

We shouldn't ban the BNP because you don't like them

but yes you're right we shouldn't ban groups just because they espouse terrorism (fuck save us we let them into Govt over the water), but only if they actually do it or raise funds for it, which as far as I am aware Islam4uk don't do.
  • Options
    i agree with flashman. it should be legal to say fuck this country and bring in sharia law and kill the unbelievers, as long as you dont do it.

otherwise everyones a terrorist, every day going about saying how they should kill the bankers / mps / lawyers ;)

violent revolution is where its at tbh. I nominate myself for dictator.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    i agree with flashman. it should be legal to say fuck this country and bring in sharia law and kill the unbelievers, as long as you dont do it.

otherwise everyones a terrorist, every day going about saying how they should kill the bankers / mps / lawyers ;)

violent revolution is where its at tbh. I nominate myself for dictator.

I think it's okay to say 'fuck the country' but I draw the line at espousing killing people. That can stir nutcases up to do just that. I'm quite surprised that you don't see that distinction, Shyboy.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I think it's okay to say 'fuck the country' but I draw the line at espousing killing people. That can stir nutcases up to do just that. I'm quite surprised that you don't see that distinction, Shyboy.

well yea I agree in fairness, but i cant help trolling these kind of subjects. i find it hard to take TERRORISM seriously.
  • Options
    terroism, special treatment time - of course bloody not

If the group is funding illegal activities or actively supporting them ie helping in a non-financial way, then charge and do them for it - making the organisation illegal is stupid because they'll reform with yet another name most probably

very nasty but largely peaceful organisation, just like the BNP so shouldn't be banned because you know what's worse than their views, making them think there's no peaceful way of espousing those views, encouraging violence or pushing people with views not too dissimilar closer to violence

fucking muppets
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8453560.stm
    ... I see this as a failure of democracy and freedom

freedom-go-to-hell.jpg

freedom-of-expression-go-to-hell.jpg

Mmm, the sweet taste of irony.
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8453560.stm

freedom-go-to-hell.jpg

freedom-of-expression-go-to-hell.jpg

Mmm, the sweet taste of irony.
    ^ :D I guess they have little ground for complaining... :D
  • Options
    ^ :D I guess they have little ground for complaining... :D

lol yeh but rights can't be given and taken at a whim, i'd rather treat people as i'd expect to be treated, unless they're actively funding or recruiting, rather than being what seems to be a negative publicity machine lol