Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Been living unhealthy lifestyle most of life, want change

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, im 17 and have been living an un-healthy since about year 7, im 18 now and very overweight, i want change but dont know how to do it, i have no problem with excersise and actually enjoy jogging in the streets at night with my mp3 on (dont like gyms) but my main problem is i eat when i am bored, any pointers on how to stop this, and whilst we are at it, anyone got any tips on how to lose alot of weight in 7 months (im going on holiday in 7 months and want to lose as much weight as possible)

i know every overweight person sais it but im really determined this time.

thank you in advance

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's easier said than done, but you need to change your behaviour - don't eat when you're bored.

OK, now we've had a laugh, what can we do that is practical.

When you go for a snack, always have a large glass of water first. And I mean water, not squash or a fizzy drink - even if it is artificial sweeteners.

Snack on better stuff - carrots not crisps, beetroot not buns, oatcakes not hobnobs.

Don't get bored - read a book. Books are good, because they give your hands something to do.
    If you lose weight too fast, its just weight loss rather than a lifestyle change, and it will just go back on.

Sounds harsh, but if you snack when bored and are serious about losing weight, stop, or snack on something healthy.
    Hi, just moving this into health, which is where we tend to have fitness questions these days :)

*and just merged this with your other thread in food and drink, best to keep all the advice in one place :thumb: