Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Information needed on passport expiry date

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Basicly im travelling to Corfu Greece in the summer and my passport expires within the 6 months AFTER i go, ive been told this could be a problem and i may have to renew my passport. is this true i dont understand why. i go there in earlie july and my passport expires in august.

please help asap
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Some countries are a little weird about passport expiry dates when you try and enter them but I think yours will be fine because Greece is an EU country, as long as it doesn't expire while you are there.
  • Options
    You will need a new one. It must be valid for 6 months after your return date. It's just the rules to make sure you don't change plans or have a serious illness then get stuck out there.
  • Options
    Generally the 6 month validity is a guideline rather than a hard and fast rule, there are however certain countries that make it a requirement, often those you require visas for. The best way to check is the forgein and commenwealth office info for travellers.
  • Options
    You're going to need to get a new passport soon anyway, so better safe than sorry!