Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Seeing your personality at home

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
From hoards of stuff cluttered in cupboards, household items which suggest 'keep up with the Jonese', to spillages not removed, and bits and pieces dumped around the floor, dust on shelves and good holiday pictures or artwork on the wall

Does the inside of your home reflect your personality?

Comments

• Options
    My bedroom is strewn with books, lots of books everywhere. A few cans of cider, tv, puter, dvd player, some stray clothes, my daughter's dressing gown and not much else. I think that pretty much sums me up for the moment
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    My bedroom is strewn with books, lots of books everywhere. A few cans of cider, tv, puter, dvd player, some stray clothes, my daughter's dressing gown and not much else. I think that pretty much sums me up for the moment
    You like reading, drinking, entertainment and love your daughter! :)
  • Options
    seems quite accurate to me. And, I'm messy... lol
  • Options
    I dont really have a home. My room however does get tidied for the occasional inspection.
  • Options
    And is your personality baseless and adrift?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    And is your personality baseless and adrift?

To a very small degree at times, but not really no. The situation im in is due to employment rather than personality, though I guess certain kinds of people go for different employment.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    To a very small degree at times, but not really no. The situation im in is due to employment rather than personality, though I guess certain kinds of people go for different employment.
    it's still possible for your personality to come out in one room- someone walks in sees the match between room 'feel' and the way they know you as a person
  • Options
    Mine cannot. I have a huge collection of Lion King and lion pictures and I love color and decoration but I live with my boyfriend who is a clean freak with empty walls and not even allowed to hang pictures because any type of hanign device might ruin the wall or paint and everything is shades of neutral and wood. Though the clean freak part works out because I am a dirty dirty slob.
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    ......... lion pictures and I love color and decoration but I live with my boyfriend who is a clean freak with empty walls and not even allowed to hang pictures because any type of hanign device might ruin the wall or paint..........

When I lived in the family home my mum complained I put too many posters on the bedroom wall. The walls in a room are striking to the eye and people in control at home get bothered by clear wall space interrupted
  • Options
    You really like to analyze and put some sort of weird only mildly related textbook meaning to every single post, don't you :p
  • Options
    My room is an absolute mess, there's stuff everywhere, I have to actually jump, to get onto my bed. But I think I'm quite an organised person person though.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    My room is an absolute mess, there's stuff everywhere, I have to actually jump, to get onto my bed. But I think I'm quite an organised person person though.
    every aspect of life, except at home! :)
  • Options
    You really like to analyze and put some sort of weird only mildly related textbook meaning to every single post, don't you :p
    its better than posters who just type '42'
  • Options
    I don't get the point of posters and wall hanging photos and pictures, if you're going to look at the same shit everyday, it might as well be beige. I can't even think how many years it's been since I hung a picture or poster up. My fella gave me a framed photo of us for Christmas, I put it somewhere, but not on the walls, ha ha.
  • Options
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    its better than posters who just type '42'

Who does that :p
  • Options
  • Options
    Who does that :p
    People who have the answer 'to everything in the universe'