Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Teaching English in China:0

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello all,

So I got accepted onto the China Internship programme and im heading out to China for 4.5months at the end of Febuary! Is anyone else doing it or has anybody any tips or advice before I go on my adventure?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not China, but two of my friends have gone to teach in Korea and are having the best time, so good luck! They made friends with the other teachers really quickly and love the kids they're teaching.
    I guess just make the most of it - do and see as much as you can, make plans to travel when you have time off etc.
    I know this might sound like an odd question, but im aware of a few people who have gone for teaching jobs like this in the past. Do you require a working knowledge of the language of the country you are going to teach in?
    No, it's not always required. It is however useful to have some Chinese etc in the countries where English hasn't been introduced for so long as say, Europe.