Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is it worth going?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Well my situation is this:

Ive been in college since september and ive chosen sociology, psychology and computing.

I hate computing, i dont grasp anything - 10% of it i get i suppose and im way behind.
Thats the only thing thats making me want to leave college, im not sure what to do id like to stay, but i dont want to continue computing

I cant drop it because my college doesnt support part time students.

Any advice?
I've had advice to get extra help, but the thing is i seriously dislike it now i wish i never picked it and dont care about the results, its just off putting.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is there anything else you can take up just to fill the gap?

English is really useful to have, and as your doing sociology and psycology it will help you with essay writing skills.

General Studies is smething that alot of people i know just did to have a fourth subject, bit of a doss subject that nobody really cares about.

Or, i wouldnt say its a doss but i did Film Studies A Level and its really interesting and enjoyable as well as its something that appeals to everybody, who doesnt like films?

I would seriously think about finding another subject to do before you leave, as even if you dont enjoy the subject or find it useful, its a better alternative to just dropping out and losing the useful qualifications you will get at the end.
    I've asked about dropping it n picking something else up (like film studies lol) but its too far in the year, i was only allowed to pick 3 coz my GCSE's wernt THAT great, and yeah i do have general studies aswell 2 hours a week.
    Then you have to get through it. Don't have the attitude that you can't do it, you HAVE to do it so you better start to make the best of it. CAN'T isn't an option anymore. Just swallow your pride, suck up big time to the lecturer and get some extra help. Once you start to make progress with it you will feel better about it and it will get easier, but you have to do something more than the bare minimum now. It's probably just feeling a little daunting because you've had a bad start with it, but put in a few weeks of really intense work and you'll feel heaps better. Trust me, you don't want to put this off until exam time! Now is the time to get on top of it! xx
    beachbum wrote: »
    Then you have to get through it. Don't have the attitude that you can't do it, you HAVE to do it so you better start to make the best of it. CAN'T isn't an option anymore. Just swallow your pride, suck up big time to the lecturer and get some extra help. Once you start to make progress with it you will feel better about it and it will get easier, but you have to do something more than the bare minimum now. It's probably just feeling a little daunting because you've had a bad start with it, but put in a few weeks of really intense work and you'll feel heaps better. Trust me, you don't want to put this off until exam time! Now is the time to get on top of it! xx

TOTALLY AGREE.

i do not know you but i know you do not want to flip burgers in mcdonalds for the rest of your life.

so AIM HIGH, in ALL of your courses.

and perhaps find a new textbook to follow for the computing course or get the help of a second teacher. usually it can be books or tutors that dont explain stuff adequately.

and enlist the help of your wonderous classmates in exchange for a few drinks or rounds on guitar hero. or get hold of uni students/people in your area who know a thing or two about computing.

toodalooo!