Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rabid homophobe MP in hypocrisy shocker

It seems the delightful Iris Robinson, a hate-filled homophobe

irisrobinson2.jpg

who disguises her abhorrent views as religious beliefs has been doing a bit of sinning herself...

She's been cheating on her husband with teenage boy, and managed to forget to declare a £50,000 donation to her own party, using the cash to help her lover boy set up a coffee shop instead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8449953.stm

Adultery, corruption... but at least she's no evil lesbian I guess.

Couldn't happen to a nicer person :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have I got that quote correct - sodomy and homosexuality are worse than child abuse?

I knew that he views were abhorrent but... damn.

On topic, I always have a wry smile when those who lecture others on morality show that they have none either. Jahn Major's "back to basic", family values stance really came to the fore when he was boning Edwina Currie, for example...
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    Have I got that quote correct - sodomy and homosexuality are worse than child abuse?

Yep.

Check out the minutes at 5.38pm just under Column 19 :

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200708/cmgeneral/nigc/080617/80617s02.htm

She's a vicious old slut.
  • Options
    How did I know this would be Northern Ireland? They've really got to get over their obsession with electing religious bigots over there.
  • Options
    There's nothing I love more than a good old-fashioned political scandal. Namely finding out that an unbearably smug cunt of a politician who preaches about family values and the abhorrence of homosexuality being caught out having sex with an equally ugly, but much younger cunt. And then watching the husband, who is also an unbearably smug cunt, practically disown his cheating wife in public. And that's not to say anything about the rumours of violence in the marriage that are doing the rounds. This one is set to run and run.

Who wants more popcorn?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    There's nothing I love more than a good old-fashioned political scandal. Namely finding out that an unbearably smug cunt of a politician who preaches about family values and the abhorrence of homosexuality being caught out having sex with an equally ugly, but much younger cunt. And then watching the husband, who is also an unbearably smug cunt, practically disown his cheating wife in public. And that's not to say anything about the rumours of violence in the marriage that are doing the rounds. This one is set to run and run.

Who wants more popcorn?

I dont know what you are on about SG ;)

but I heard there was more popcorn :heart:
  • Options
    Is everyone joining the Facebook campaign to get Mrs. Robinson to number one? :D
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    I dont know what you are on about SG ;)

but I heard there was more popcorn :heart:
    Whilst you eat your popcorn, I must state nothing much has come of the violence rumours. (presumably, newspaper lawyers are checking over absolutely everything like hawks at the moment, making sure nothing written about this could get them into trouble. Much like TheSite moderators will be checking over this to make sure I don't write anything libellious - which I won't, fear not. Not for nothing is the UK called the libel capital of the world.)

But we hear today that (Iris) Robinson was actually ditched after 3 months after McCambley fell in love with what the Irish-based Sunday World newspaper called a "pretty Belfast blonde" whom my girlfriend thinks look like a younger version of Iris Robinson herself, her being 21 at the time.

Either way, it's keeping politics in Northern Ireland very interesting. Both the main party leaders are embroiled in deep shit. Ask Gerry Adams, whose brother is facing serious accusations of rape, incest and assault...
  • Options
    Good news really - its about time that Northern Irish politics concentrated on sex and money scandals. It's much, much better than what went on before (and if we're really lucky it'll mean Shinner voters deserting to the SDLP and DUP going over to the Tories/UUP)