Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

First time shaving

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, i'm 15, and I was just wondering, is it legal for an under 16 to buy razors?
And any tips for shaving?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Errmmm yeah, I think it is. I'm a girl (obvs) but I got some the other day.
    Xx
    Oh good :)
    It's a little unclear. Safety razors aren't necessarily covered by the same legislation that applies to, for example, knives (which can only be sold to people who are 18 or over), but you never know how a shop might interpret the law. Though some razors would fall under this category, but I very much doubt you'd be picking up a 3-inch straight razor to try with for the first time :)

To be certain you'd probably be best to buy some razors whilst out shopping with a family member who is over 18, to see what happens. If you are asked your age then you could ask them to buy them.

Video jug has some advice on Wet Shaving

As does TheSite in our article on the perfect shave, along with About.com, which is actually a bit of a hidden gem these days, who have a whole section on shaving.
    Jim V wrote: »
    It's a little unclear. Safety razors aren't necessarily covered by the same legislation that applies to, for example, knives (which can only be sold to people who are 18 or over), but you never know how a shop might interpret the law. Though some razors would fall under this category, but I very much doubt you'd be picking up a 3-inch straight razor to try with for the first time :)

To be certain you'd probably be best to buy some razors whilst out shopping with a family member who is over 18, to see what happens. If you are asked your age then you could ask them to buy them.

Video jug has some advice on Wet Shaving

As does TheSite in our article on the perfect shave, along with About.com, which is actually a bit of a hidden gem these days, who have a whole section on shaving.

Brilliant, thanks :D
    And yeah, just a standard razor like a Gillette is what I was thinking of
    Beware the onset of bristles after shaving! I remember my first shave - my face felt really sensitive and cold afterwards!
    I was half expecting someone asking for tips on how to avoid rupturing your face when shaving, I still do it and have been shaving for 7 years.
    Meh, just a risk i'll have to take :lol: