Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jobcentre Website

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anybody use this website regularly? i go on there a couple of times a week to search for healthcare jobs and i usually use the search thats the same as on the computers in the job centres - ie you choose what area of work, then up to 3 job titles, what area you want to work in etc. but iv been on there today and i cant find that search page, the only one i can find is this : http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/homepage.aspx?sessionid=9da1a4dd-248b-45c7-bbe3-75567fefab69&pid=1 and its a bit annoying, you cant search for more than one type of job anymore. does anybody know if they still use the old style of searching or is that directgov one the only way of looking now? thanks in advance.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've used it a few times.

Yeah it is annoying. It wasn't like that 2 days ago!!!!
    I find that the touch-screen job terminals are a lot more user friendly than the web site. Sometimes the search part of their web site does go down for maintenance. It has bailed out on me on a couple of occasions now.
    Looks like they have moved over to the directgov hosted search, sadly that's what you can expect from all government services in the coming years.

Looking at the search and the 'My searches' bit in the top right, have you tried registering and logging in? It may not allow you to search three job types, but might allow three quick searches to be saved?
    Jim V wrote: »
    Looks like they have moved over to the directgov hosted search, sadly that's what you can expect from all government services in the coming years.

Looking at the search and the 'My searches' bit in the top right, have you tried registering and logging in? It may not allow you to search three job types, but might allow three quick searches to be saved?

thanks i'll try that. that is so annoying that they've changed it though, because i dont want to search one particular type of job, i want to see what jobs are available in a certain sector and the old style search was perfect for that. now i feel like im going to miss out on jobs i might want to apply for just because i havent searched the exact job title. as if finding a new job wasnt hard enough :|
    Hi – I work for DWP (Department for Work and Pensions - the government department with responsibility for Jobcentre Plus) and just wanted to let you know that you can search for up to three jobs at once using the Directgov quick search box – you just need to type something like “I want a job as a child minder or nursery nurse in Bolton

You can also search for all jobs in a sector by searching something like “I want to work in healthcare in Lancashire

I did pick up on this post a week or so ago, so sorry for not responding sooner, but I have been in touch with the people at Directgov to add examples like these to the list that it rolls through in the quick search box - if you go to the jobsearch page and press refresh a few times you’ll see what I mean - http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/

There is a bit more guidance on how to get the most out of Directgov job search if you follow the link to Quick Search help

Hope this helps, and good luck with your job search!

Chris
    Cheers Chris, thanks a lot for explaining that :)
    Hi – I work for DWP (Department for Work and Pensions - the government department with responsibility for Jobcentre Plus) and just wanted to let you know that you can search for up to three jobs at once using the Directgov quick search box – you just need to type something like “I want a job as a child minder or nursery nurse in Bolton

You can also search for all jobs in a sector by searching something like “I want to work in healthcare in Lancashire

I did pick up on this post a week or so ago, so sorry for not responding sooner, but I have been in touch with the people at Directgov to add examples like these to the list that it rolls through in the quick search box - if you go to the jobsearch page and press refresh a few times you’ll see what I mean - http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/

There is a bit more guidance on how to get the most out of Directgov job search if you follow the link to Quick Search help

Hope this helps, and good luck with your job search!

Chris

thank you very much, im actually really impressed that you got in touch with directgov to suggest something to make it easier! :D

its definitely a lot better now i can search for jobs in healthcare in bolton instead of one particular job. thanks again.