Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

burning nose

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heya,
ive got bulimia and usually my nose does not get affected by me making myself sick however, yesterday i had to make myself sick as we had a big meal and i had to look like i was ok.....it has stopped burning now....not sure whether to go and see my gp???
xxx
has anyone had any experience of this?

Comments

• Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Hi, I hope you feel better now. I would guess this would just be temporary pain from the stomach acid - is that what it feels like? However, there is a much bigger issue which you are already aware of: the illness as a whole! Sorry if I've come late to a conversation you are already having, but have you seen the doctor about that at all? Anyway please keep posting and asking for help and advice whenever you feel like it. My thoughts are with you!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well when i am sick my nose burns. Is it like a stingy burning feeling? But it depends on how much i sick up for it to hurt. If there isnt a lot then my nose is fine, but if its a lot then my nose really hurts.
    Ive had that too when ive been sick, but like Soph001 said it's probably just temporary.
    heya,
    its ok soph, yeh ive got to wait for a year for help. yeh its a burning sensation but it lasted ages and when ever i blow my nose - it bleeds a little. xx

thanks guys xx
  • Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    A year? That's terrible! Have you looked around on the internet for support groups meanwhile, like at Beat or this massive list of places?

I'm not an expert but I think the fact that your nose is bleeding may mean some actual damage is being done. If you think you would like to go back to the doctor, always feel free, even if you've been about the same thing. This is a new symptom, of course.
    heya,
    yeh i use beat already :) thankyou. thanks for the advice - just read my assessment report and it made me cry.......my doctor has hold of that.
    x