Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

were can u buy pure dopamine?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my m8s rekon u can get pure dopamine (which is the main ingrediant to e's lol) off the web, anyone no were to score this ?

safe

Comments

• Options
    :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  • Options
    Not sure if this guy was banned for this post or another, but I'll just add this in case anyone reads it and believes it.

The original post is nonsense. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter. Ecstasy is MDMA, not dopamine. MDMA works mainly through serotonin (another neurotransmitter). Cocaine works through the dopaminergic system, but dopamine itself cannot be taken recreationally (it is however used to treat Parkinson's disease).
  • Options
    Not sure if this guy was banned for this post or another, but I'll just add this in case anyone reads it and believes it.

The original post is nonsense. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter. Ecstasy is MDMA, not dopamine. MDMA works mainly through serotonin (another neurotransmitter). Cocaine works through the dopaminergic system, but dopamine itself cannot be taken recreationally (it is however used to treat Parkinson's disease).

Isn't l-dopa (I cant remember the correct spelling) actually a dopamine activator rather than actually giving you dopamine? In that it either makes the body produce more, or acts like MDMA but just on the dopamine receptors.
  • Options
    L-dopa is a precursor for dopamine, and is coverted to dopamine after it enters the brain. Apparently L-dopa may be psychoactive, but I've never heard of it used recreationally. The side effects (tremor/dyskinesias) in patients are quite bad at high doses.
  • Options
    Just a few things I remembered from a chemistry lecture (hope I don't fuck it up, I'm writing it down from what I remembered) in layman terms.

Dopmaine cannot be administered to treat Pakinson's Disease, because it cannot pass the blood-brain barrier, because it carries a positive charge on the amino group. L-Dopa, which has a carboxyl group too can pass the blood-brain barrier because it is uncharged in total (carboxylate carries a negative charge). The carboxyl group will be removed in the brain (decarboxylates, ergo goes off as CO2) and voila there you have your Dopamine.