Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mcdonalds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heya,
i work at mcdonalds part time but i go to uni as well. im not sure whether it would be a good idea to do a shift manager course - i love working there and it would bump my pay up by 1.70 quid.......anyone work at maccies and got any advice?
xx

Comments

• Options
    One of the girls I work just got made shift manager and she's at uni. I haven't seen her in any more often than usual and I'm sure that extra money will come in handy.
  • Options
    i used to work at mcdonalds back when i was younger.

i knew loads of people who became shift managers and they enjoyed it.

if i was you, i'd do it as one, it means more money and two, you'll probably be offered more shifts which is also more money.
  • Options
    i worked there for 2 years, you might as well do it, obviously more pay, and you get to stick managerial experience on your CV
  • Options
    I think it's well worth thinking about doing the course. If it won't mean having to do extra hours that would interfer with your course then it's a pay increase and extra training.

You can't knock something that would look good on the CV as well as giving you a chance to see how you might feel about management in the future.