Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Norway

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Inspired by Ska's thread, although this isn't the other side of the world!

I'm sailing to Norway in the summer, arriving in Bodø. I'm planning to spend a few days there whilst still staying on the boat.. but don't really want to go straight home after that!

I'll get a flight/the train to Oslo after that and then fly back to the UK from there. So any cool things around Bodø (already planning to visit the Lofoten Islands) or Oslo, then please give me a shout!

:)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My advice if you are travelling in Norway: take lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of money with you - if you live from food bought in 7eleven shops (there is one 7/11 shop for every 47,000 people in Norway) it will cost about 20 quid a day and more if you go to cafe's/restaurants.
    They do an offer for a bigass hot dog and a drink for 55kr - about 6 pounds and a lion bar will cost 2 quid.

When getting drinks go for bottles since a bottle of diet coke is 20kr and a can is 20kr due to recycling taxes.
    Beer is 6 quid for a 500ml bottle and if you drink it in the streets and the police see it they will have it off you.

Norway is however a really beautiful country, and worth it for the wonderful views but watch yourself with foods/beer/other stuff cos it will bite you in the arse!