Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Marriage advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Message removed

Comments

• Options
    yes it is long and i havent read everything, but i promise i will later.

in the meantime, what do you think is causing her to behave in this way?
  • Options
    Is this behaviour new, or was she always like this? Since talking to her doesn't seem to work, I suggest you seek the advice of a marriage counsellor. Since you say you love this woman, you owe it to yourself to try to make the marriage work. But, if you are not happy in the relationship, the last thing you should be thinking about is starting a family at the moment.
  • Options
    Sounds to me like you have forgotten your vow of sickness and health. She is showing classic sign of depression and low self esteem and perhaps you might think about how you can help her get out of that vicious cycle rather than walk out after 18 months.

Marriage isn't supposed to be all sweetness and light. It can be very tough at times.

Having said that, I'm worried about the line "apart from work I get no release from her"... aren't you supposed to be in love? Isn't this what yu wanted when you married her then?
  • Options
    Thanks for your responses. I've decided to remove the original thread because I'm scared that my wife could come across it and identify herself which is the last thing I want to happen.

justjames - Sorry if you didn't get the chance to finish reading. In response to your question, she's always been fiery but recently it has increased tenfold for reasons unbeknown to me.

overthehill - As I said above, she has always been fiery (at a level I could cope with) but not at this level. I have mentioned marriage guidance but this was just sneered off.

MoK - I haven't forgotten my vows - if I had I would've walked out a long time ago. More than anything I want to save this marriage but At the moment it's making us both unhappy. If she is suffering from depression then how do I get her to see someone about it? And to explain the release comment, I'm sure most people would agree that everyone needs their own space in any relationship. Of course I love spending time with her and that is why I married her but it'd be easier if it wasn't so intense - i'm nit talking about going to the pub for hours or playing on computer games in a separate room all night.