Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

GBL, piperzines and cannabis related drugs to be banned

They have drafted the law to ban 'legal highs', it will come into force on the 23rd of December;

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2009/draft/ukdsi_9780111486610_en_1

It will of course do no good, no harms will be prevented and there will be no saving of public funds. But apart from that its a great move.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    budda wrote: »
    They have drafted the law to ban 'legal highs', it will come into force on the 23rd of December;

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2009/draft/ukdsi_9780111486610_en_1

It will of course do no good, no harms will be prevented and there will be no saving of public funds. But apart from that its a great move.

this reminds me of a closing down sale, offer ending 23rd december, hurry before its too late
  • Options
    One thing I have learnt about 2c's, Ketamine, BZP, GBL, Mephedrone and it being made class x is you can make Mephedrone illegal tomorrow (or 6 months knowing our Gov) and the Gov like to think that people will stop using it as they are "aware of the risks" and it'll die out. The reality is people have learnt how easy it is to import large amounts of this stuff and most of the time it'll pass through customs, no problem. Since it's only banned in the UK it's easy to get imported from overseas and it shows just how easy it is after Mephedrone is made illegal for it to get into the country still, chances are it'll be mislabeled (is usually already) and unless customs take it and test it, you'll have large amount at your door ready for profit.

All making it illegal does now is means people can't earn legitimate money. I am glad it'll be illegal soon though as it'll go back underground were it used to be and the way it should be.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Good news.

Pips have ruined taking pills. Bring back good old MDMA.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I am glad it'll be illegal soon though as it'll go back underground were it used to be and the way it should be.

If we had a reasonable way of supplying recreational drugs to the public they wouldn't ever use piperazines or GBL they were only used because better drugs were banned. Also to my knowledge mephedrone was not included in this change to the Misuse of Drugs Act.