Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I need help tracking an old friend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im not sure where to post this but oh well here it goes

i dont know much about her im afraid we were only friends briefly ( at school ) she then went to study art in college this is all i know about her

her first name
her grand fathers name
i dont know her dads name but i know it starts with a V

she lives in canada montreal
she is studying art at some college (not sure where )
she could either be 18 or 19 now

she has an account on Y/a ( yahoo answers ) using her nick name allthough she hasnt logged on for 3 weeks now

and i know a couple of other things from out brief friendship but i dont think its relevant like

i know she has a myspace account ( dont know what it is though)
i know she has a face book account (again i dont know what it is)
she dyes her hair blonde ive never seen her natural hair color but i think its black she has blue eyes

ohh and she likes Chinese food and hates greek food lol

i would really appreciate it if some one would help me cause i just found out the other day through her questions on answers and i read that she broke up with her boyfriend and now i feel very sorry that i have ever left her

ohh yeah forgot to mention she briefly worked in HMS part time

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like you didn't know her for very long, nor know her terribly well, but had(have?) a crush on her. Let go, move on, avoid looking like a stalker... :)
  • Options
    yeah....i guess your right i should just leave her alone. i took sometime to think about it now and i guess i should stop looking trying to save her its not my business
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong... I still have a crush on the girl I never spoke with, from a different school, on my school bus in 1994/5. Wish I had... always will. :)

Don't look to save her - it's her life, her decisions, and very much her choice of direction. Maybe your paths will cross again at some point... maybe you'll end up always wishing you'd known her better. Maybe, just maybe, she's a not-nice person and would've slashed your throat during your sleep one night.

Who knows... just make the most of the opportunities with the people you consider special in future. Live and learn... give out your number to the ones who catch your eye, and that way there's no regret other than the circumstances and choices outside of your control. :)
  • Options
    Yea I tracked down a friend like this a few years ago, phoned her up and she threatened to call the police. It freaked me out tbh as we were used to talk all the time on the phone (long distance friendship), then each got caught up in our own lives and lost touch. I thought I'd try to reconnect... and obviously everyone interprets things in their own way.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Yea I tracked down a friend like this a few years ago, phoned her up and she threatened to call the police. It freaked me out tbh as we were used to talk all the time on the phone (long distance friendship), then each got caught up in our own lives and lost touch. I thought I'd try to reconnect... and obviously everyone interprets things in their own way.

If she threatened to call the police last time, I suggest you stay well away and I dont understand why you think she wouldnt call the police again?
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    If she threatened to call the police last time, I suggest you stay well away and I dont understand why you think she wouldnt call the police again?

You misunderstand, I must have explained it badly.

1. We meet online, chat, build up a friendship, end up phoning each other / sending letters.. basically becoming penpals. We are 'close' in the sense that we share fairly intimate details of our own lives with each other, our worries, concerns, that we might not share with people we knew. Nothing romantic ofc.

2. We gradually grow apart just because we are concentrating on our own lives. I start going out with a girl, she was going out with a guy, obviously first loves and all that (we were both about 16) you get pretty caught up in your own thing. Which is fair enough, friends drift apart don't they?

3. I remember speaking to her some time later, find her number out of my chat history, give her a call quite a time later, just to catch up, no expectations really. It was probably a bad idea anyway in retrospect. She, offering no explanation says "can you not call this number again please or I will call the police". I apologise a bit bewildered and hung up.

Like I say, people interpret things in different ways. I can only imagine what caused her to react so aversely.

And why would I want to -not- stay well away from someone who reacts like that? You don't need to warn me off, I'm not an idiot.
  • Options
    Im a mong and thought it was the OP posting. Very great apologies. I think I will incensed by the sheer scaryness of the first posting.