Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

trying to get over self harm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys.
im in the middle of trying to get over my self-harming habits and i find that its very difficult. i haven't s/h in almost 5 weeks now and im afraid to break that record.
exams are coming up soon and im worried that it might become a trigger to s/h.
i found that when i stop myself from self harm for a while, my body goes into withdrawl( almost like a drug addiction) and i become clumsy, agitated, moody and shaky.:banghead:
can anybody relate to this?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Hi momofairy,

I can't relate personally unfortunately as I don't s/h but I have to say that well done on getting so far. I replied to your other thread as well.

What exams do you have coming up? Maybe you can try to focus on revision as a distraction technique?

I hope you are ok.
  • Options
    hey momo,
    how are you?
    well done for not self harming for 5 weeks. i know it must be difficult but ive heard a saying -relapse is one step closer to recovery - i dont know if i believe this but maybe it can only be seen once a person has recovered completely.
    i can relate to that - i get so panicky if i cant s/h and i start getting quite agitated with people.
    xxxx