Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i really have no idea what to do..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so. i have two boyfriends. i know it sounds terrible.
basically i was with a guy who lived 94 miles away named rich, we were together 7 months and i completely fell for him. but it got to the point when i was only seeing him once in like two weeks. so we broke up.
then i met mike. genuine, trustworthy and all round decent guy. i knew i was still in love with rich but when mike asked me out i said yes because i thought it would help me move on. me and mike have been together just over a month now.
so the problem started when me and rich started talking again, pretty much everyday, it was like how it used to be.. like we were still together, last night he told me he still loves me and he wants me back. and i said yes.
i know im being stupid because i know nothing is going to be different, there is still 94 miles between us, thats never going to change. i just wish i knew why i put myself through these situations where im going to get hurt. and as for mike, i really dont want to break up with him.. we could have something amazing, i just know it.
i genuinely thought that me and rich were going to go the whole way, when he came down for long weekends, i could see myself living with him, having his kids. i do still love him but im being so unrealistic.
i guess i just need someone to shout at me and tell me to stop being such an idiot.

Comments

• Options
    I don't think you're being an idiot, but I think you might be making things more complicated than they need to be. Is there any possiblity that you or rich could move in the future to be closer to each other? If not, you say it's unrealistic, but do you want to be realistic? If you're always going to wonder what could have happened between you and rich maybe you should just go for it, because then at least you'll know. If you already know it won't work you need to give yourself time to deal with it, and focus on the things you want that rich couldn't offer you, like face to face conversations and hugs from friends instead of phone calls.
    If mike knows anything about the sistuation with rich maybe you could talk to him and explain that you can't give 100% of yourself right now. There are other trustworthy guys that you'll meet in the future so I don't think you need to stay with mike to have a good, reliable relationship. Maybe you should concentrate more on yourself for now, but I think the important thing is not to make a decision you'll torture yourself with by constantly asking what if?
  • Options
    hi x

i dont think u r an idiot but i think u r being slightly foolish..
    u risk losing the both of them by cheating and lying. it shows one of two things i think. either you dont think much of mike else u wouldnt even consider going back to rich.(its not like he moved any closer or anything at all changed) ... or you think so much of rich that you cant possibly move on until you get together properly or it goes so horribly wrong that you couldnt even think about seeing him again. either way i would consider the feelings of those men you "love" because finding out that someone your with is with someone else hurts...alot!