Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Good tutorial on Photoshop for beginner

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all, i was wondering if someone can suggest me good tutorial/books on photoshop for total beginner. I have never touch photoshop before and my goal is to learn how to make icons.

And if someone can suggest me how much time it will take to learn all this? Any experience or suggestion?

thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just have a play around with the features and see what you can figure out by yourself. It's pretty easy to grasp and you will find you'll always be picking up little tips all the time. A good place to learn how to do specific things is www.good-tutorials.com
    I've been using it for the last 8 or so years, through college, uni, work and free time and it still seems there's loads more to learn. I've never used a tutorial. There is also multiple ways to tackle a certain task.

Just go on and practice. Maybe get a load of bad/average holiday snaps and try to make them 'better'.
    Search the internet for tutorials as there are hundreds!!

Might worth buying this book.

Amazon

You can buy it in WHsmith.

Also try:
    PhotoAnswers
    Tutorialized
    PhotoRadar
    A 'thank you' would be good aboylearning !!
    A 'thank you' would be good aboylearning !!
    Thanks everyone for giving your suggestions, esp Ferrari09 :)