Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm part exchanging my car tomorrow and am actually sat here crying to think that I'm not going to see my car again :(

My hubby thinks it's hilarious and I'm a weirdo but after over 5 years of driving the same car every day, it feels odd that I'm getting rid of it. I remember the day I bought it and I loved it, I kept looking out the window at it. Tomorrow I'm taking it back to the garage where I bought it from and leaving it there :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know many people who consider their cars to be like their own children. Especially if they have owned them for a long while.
    Heather Cooper. Enuff said.
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    I'm part exchanging my car tomorrow and am actually sat here crying to think that I'm not going to see my car again :(

My hubby thinks it's hilarious and I'm a weirdo but after over 5 years of driving the same car every day, it feels odd that I'm getting rid of it. I remember the day I bought it and I loved it, I kept looking out the window at it. Tomorrow I'm taking it back to the garage where I bought it from and leaving it there :(
    Theres nowt wrong with being intimately attatchned to a machine ...unless your kidneys are failing you of course.
    You'll learn to love the new one but will never forget the old one.

I have loved many cars ...some of them for their faults and foibles more than anything else .
    I don't think I'd have been happy to have been given an insignia anyway, but I'm really upset at having lost my prius,
    I was sad to see my last car go and no other car understood me or felt comfortable... so I bought an identical one :D
    my name wrote: »
    I was sad to see my last car go and no other car understood me or felt comfortable... so I bought an identical one :D

:lol:

I feel you should do one of those scenes with really happy music where you spin round with the car, then laugh with the car, roll around in leaves. That kind of thing.
    Don't feel bad, I've seen a man cry over a dent in his car.
    I've adored a car before now... if you have any pleasure from driving, then the good cars can easily become more than a heap of metal. They become memories, fun, sensation, a bit like a good friend.

Unfortunately, like a pet, they often don't last as long as we do. Remember the good times, and more on to ventures new. :)
    Ignore the advice and rev the bollox off it now and 5then,,.
    Eh? I've redlined most of my vehicles... but only in a mechanically-sympathetic manner. :)
    I feel you should do one of those scenes with really happy music where you spin round with the car, then laugh with the car, roll around in leaves. That kind of thing.

:lol:

By the time I've part exed my previous cars, I've been so f-ed off with them and their constant refusal to actually work/pass an MOT that I laughed all the way to the garage to abandon them there forever. Bastards.
    I've been a bit sad to say goodbye to my cars, but that sadness normally goes away once I've been driving in the SUPER DOOPER NEW CAR for a while.
    ive never had a car of my own. but i can somehow relate to having an attachment to objects. eventually ive learned to have some sense of detachment to things which makes it easier to let go. nothing lasts. be happy though that this is the way things are.
    Thanks your comments have made me feel better, lots of my friends and family have been taking the absolute piss out of me!

Yesterday morning I took the car for a final spin and when I went to the garage to part exchange it I had tears in my eyes! I told my hubby not to say anything to the staff as it would set me off talking about it. What was worse is that the place was so full I had to park my old car right next to the new car, instead of being excited over the new car all I could think about was having to drive right past my old car in the new car. The car was so reliable else I prob would have just been pleased to see the back of it.

New car going great even though we are now being told it is a 1.2 not a 1.4, they kept changing their minds, according to insurance it's a 1.4 and the engine says 1400 on it and all the paperwork states that, yet a little sticker in the car says 1.2 and the gear box is 5 speed which the 1.2 are and the guy who handed us the keys said it's def a 1.2. It drives like a 1.2 IMO. grrrrrr will have to see what the registration doc says when we get it through.