Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

here i am yet again! :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so many of you know that i'm shit when it comes to my love life but recently i've been checking my tagged profile, why on earth i had it i do not know but i've been talking to a girl on there, we gett on really well, we talk, we have a laugh and we both have the same tastes in music etc so yeah, i like her and i've seen her perform live (she's a very talented singer :D) at a open mic night, we didn't speak then because i had to go because of family issues...:banghead:

Anyway, i like her, not sure about how far i like her though but i can see myself with her, i'm 17, she's 16 but still in school (i think, she's at a music accadmey so she may be continuing there instead of a college), i personally don't haev a problem with that but my closest friend has said things about that sort of thing...if he has a problem with it then i'll deal with it but does anyone else have an issue witht that sort of thing, i admit its not a huge age gap but i'd basically be 2 years older than her if she's still at school

another issue is if we do get together, and from the way we're talking i think theres a highish chance of that cos we're both single and we really get on and she's mentioned that we should get together, hang out and write some music together and see where that goes (i could be reading thta completly wrong but i don't think so), anyway, the issue is that i'm still on ADs and i wanna be completly honest with her, i don't wanna have to hide who i am because thats where alot of my lyrics and music comes from

anyway, any advice would be great

Comments

• Options
    I say yes to the hanging out with her, but try and limit your expectations. Just see how it goes. Imagine you're just hanging out with a cool person. No need to tell her about your ADs either really. Feel free to, but why focus on 'deep' and 'negative' stuff when instead you could be focusing on having a nice time, playing some music together, making out, that kind of thing :p.

Talking is all well and good but the start of a relationship should be the exciting throwing caution to the wind bit! Just go with the flow and do what feels right.

Also the age difference in your case is largely incosequential unless ofc you're American and have funny age of consent laws :p. Maybe watch out for overprotective parents who don't want their baby to grow up ;).
  • Options
    yeah, as i said (i hope it did anyway lol, i'm very tired atm) i'm going into this expecting it to become anything, if it doesn't then at the very least i will have met someone that i can just chill out and just play music with (if i didn't then there u are)

its just that my depression is such a big part of my life, not all negative its where i get alot of inspiration from, but it affects nearly everything so i don't feel that if it did go anywhere that i could keep that from her, anyway, i'll just have to see how it goes