Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What can/can't you cook.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Oh wow. They look fab. How did you make them - I'd love to bring something like that into work and impress everyone.

It's the frosting that makes them stylish. They're just bogstandard buns from the Bero book underneath! The you whip up some buttercream (also from Bero book :heart:) pipe it on and chuck on some animal sprinkles. Easy peasy :cool:
  • Options
    Nothing. It's just hard to make it taste nice.

I think that's an issue that rice has to address, not you. I consider good rice to be light and fluffy, but even then it's just filler IMO.

I'm also with you on learning to cook Chinese food well, however, i wouldn't listen to anything Ching-He 'The Fraudmobile' Huang has to say on the matter. I caught her making ham sandwiches on telly the other month. Ham-fucking-sandwiches! She is hot though.
  • Options
    Well i've found out i can't make marzipan Christmas trees, which has pissed me off because my cakey theme this year was trees and presents. :grump:
  • Options
    I can cook anything. Persuading other people to eat it has always been my problem.
  • Options
    i'm good at any food that can be cooked fried like fried rice mixed with anything, scrambled eggs, hotdog/sausages, and i'm also good in cooking spaghetti..

i'm not good in cooking food that has many recipes...
  • Options
    I'm TALENTED at pasta stuff..and uh pasta stuff..and more pasta.

I'm useless at sweet stuff..I always tend to eat to much of the mix :crying:
  • Options
    Well, I can follow a recipe, so "anything that has a recipe." The quality starts sliding down when I have to halve, double, triple, etc. the recipe and sub ingredients, though.

I make pretty good scrambled eggs with sour cream, too.

But for some reason, hardboiled eggs always end up different for me. Same temp, same water level ... I must space off about the time, because they're never the same degree of cooked twice in a row.

Chocolate-chip cookies turn out wrong about 20% of the time as well, mainly because of the flour.