Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Facebook: good or bad?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    facebook is good for catching up with my inner social circle, ha. and that word 'networking' i guess
    Yes, good for finding friends otherwise lost and read what they're up to
    i dont like the self obsessional side that seems to come out in people on there. updating statuses all the time, moany statuses, people who take themselves too seriously.
    Too, much rubbish posted in status updates. Sometimes you commit Facebook murder and remove a friendship 'cos of crap they posted haha
    No DISLIKE BUTTON
    ~That's a good point
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    ~That's a good point

Then we shall be at a disagreement ;)
    Updates that are craving for attention - i.e. "Feels so fat today" "I just started smoking" etc. And updates that are so self indulgent, as mentioned. I have a ... friend who shall soon be an ex friend (muhahaha) who constantly self indulges in her posts.
    And another friend who just constantly posts links and articles which gets annoying.
    Well, it is easier to communicate with parents (live away from home) than emailing them or phoning them. However, my dad thinks it's also a good idea to embarrass me - the twit asked me something publicy and spelt my name wrong.:eek2:
    I like that you can customize it rather well. You can turn off all the farmville and mafia wars shite and I even hided 2 friends (still on my friends list) because they are reaaally moany. One is a girl I got to know by going out and I kinda had a crush on her for some time, but it didn't went nowhere, now all she does is moan on facebook (she is bulimic, self-harming, and mentally really labile) and dozen of her guy friends come to crawl up her arse and it's repulsing me a bit. So I just see what I want to see, do what I want to do and keep in contact with friends and laugh about Rachaels witty updates and her ripostes when a mate of her is pulling her leg :D
    Then we shall be at a disagreement ;)
    Updates that are craving for attention - i.e. "Feels so fat today" "I just started smoking" etc. And updates that are so self indulgent, as mentioned. I have a ... friend who shall soon be an ex friend (muhahaha) who constantly self indulges in her posts.
    And another friend who just constantly posts links and articles which gets annoying.
    Yeah.......just press the trigger and remove them........ what boring b*stards
    I love Facebook its quite entertaining especially if an argument breaks out - its also quite interesting to hear how peoples days went without actually asking them.
    I love Facebook its quite entertaining especially if an argument breaks out - its also quite interesting to hear how peoples days went without actually asking them.
    ..........where people share daily news online without fully comprehending the magnitude of the number of other people reading!
    ..........where people share daily news online without fully comprehending the magnitude of the number of other people reading!

Yeah, if you say so.
    I love FB....mainly for giving us the genius that is Lamebook.com
    foxysoxy wrote: »
    I love FB....mainly for giving us the genius that is Lamebook.com

Haha! Oh my god this is brilliant!
    does anyone else think that the dislike button should never be implemented? facebook is already the ultimate playground for the passive aggressive
    I spend a hideous amount of time fb stalking people. And it's far too easy to
    read into what people are saying.
    But yes, I've kept in touch with people from a previous life that I wouldn't've
    otherwise.
    And I do like fb chat.
    Although everything's CONSTANTLY broken.
    syncmaster wrote: »
    does anyone else think that the dislike button should never be implemented? facebook is already the ultimate playground for the passive aggressive
    you mean people choose the ignore option?
    grace wrote: »
    And I do like fb chat.
    if you get the chat flow going- sometimes the guy on the other end has dozed off and you anticipate the response that fails to appear :(
    you mean people choose the ignore option?

sorry..meant to say 'a' dislike button. I think it would bring unnecessary negativity to the site
    syncmaster wrote: »
    sorry..meant to say 'a' dislike button. I think it would bring unnecessary negativity to the site
    I was referring to your statement 'passive aggression' when I said ignore option. People have times when they don't comment/give reply to your postings. Perhaps they're busy or choose to ignore and deliberately not reply