Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

flying- luggage..nes laser gun thing!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
provided i actually get to fly out to belfast next monday with easyjet, im a tad paranoid about my luggage. i got my boyfriend a nes entertainment system for christmas and it comes with one of those lazer guns as well as the usual controllers. it is in its original box and everything but i know that airport security is tighhhht, was gonna wrap the box with everything inside in xmas wrapping paper and just shove it in my suitcase..but i dont wanna be on the news and cause a gun scare!

shall i bother taking it or .. just leave it till after xmas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know if this is any help, I didn't read thru http://direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Publictransport/AirtravelintheUK/DG_078179 but the FAA one lists out tons of stuff so I'm gussing somewhere on the website it does too (throwing stars and cattle prods can only be in checked baggage, fyi in the US :p) If not, if the specific airline isn't a pain in the ass to call it looks like that might be the place, as opposed to the national airline thing.
    thanks! it mentions toy replicas so i guess that counts the lazer gun thing.

i think what im gonna do is just wrap up the tiny ds games themselves to give to him and give him the console and lazer gun and controllers when we get back. hmm :chin:
    If you're going to take it on a plane with you, don't wrap it and make sure you declare it before you go through security.