Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Killing In The Name Of...

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Brilliant. The fella from Rage has just said they'll be donating some of it to Shelter too, and will be doing a free gig in the UK.
    I thought it was all of it, close to 60grand to shelter.
    Hellfire wrote: »
    I thought it was all of it, close to 60grand to shelter.
    He didn't say that on the radio just then, but that's what the BBC are reporting now.
    Some to Shelter and some to Youth Music in the UK.

However there is a justgiving site where people have been donating to Shelter as well as buying the track. It was setup by Tracy Morter, the person who kicked this whole issue off...:

http://www.justgiving.com/ratm4xmas

Fuck Cowell, we won't do what he tells us...
    I love the amount of troglodytes who've come out of the woodwork to accuse RATM supporters of 'pandering to the sheep' and of putting money in the pockets of Cowell - when (as has already been observed in this thread) all proceeds went to 'Shelter' and to the 'Youth Music Trust'.

If you like Joe, buy his record - if not; don't!

It's not a hate campaign - it's an affirmation of music that a lot of people have enjoyed for quite some time!
    Killing in the name of had 50,000 more sales than the X-Factor song.
    A good song at the top of the charts for once, I am impressed :-p
    Xx
    My favourite was the Louis Walsh quote:

"Rage Against The Machine couldn't fill Wembley now. I think Joe will".

Hmmm. Let's just see how fast the tickets for that free gig go and we'll see. X Factor winners, coming soon to a supermarket opening and bargain bin near you.
    My favourite was the Louis Walsh quote:

"Rage Against The Machine couldn't fill Wembley now. I think Joe will".

Hmmm. Let's just see how fast the tickets for that free gig go and we'll see. X Factor winners, coming soon to a supermarket opening and bargain bin near you.

I can beat that.

Last week he also said something along the lines of "they're (RATM) taking the fun out of the Christmas number one race". :D

I don't care much for RATM, or the song. They're an ok band and it's an ok song, but anything to beat the x factor is ok in my books. :thumb:
    I think the whole thing with RATM / Joe has made it more fun and exciting this year. In fact, I actually was interested in it, whereas normally you expect x factor to be the automagic number 1 whether its good or bad.

I think Joe saying he thought Killing In The Name Of was absolutely dreadful was a low blow though.. all is fair in love and . . music. He didn't get number 1, because it turns out he wasn't quite good enough to convince people to buy his song over RATM. If he was mindblowingly good, people would have bought his single, and he would be number 1. He should just be happy he is number 2, the ungrateful scrote.
    What takes the fun out of the christmas number 1 race is that shitty xfactor 'omg i believed in myself and i won!!!' songs that come around every year, al of them are forgettable rubbish and i would be shocked if anyone could name which year x person won it, because they are all the same :(

RATM were only chosen because of their song name really, regardless of who owns what in the music biz its nice to see someone holding a guitar on the christmas number one for once and doing crazy stuff like playing an instrument :crazyeyes
    I loved how Cowell said it was not a big deal about the christmas number 1... but gearing his show for the last 7 years towards getting the christmas number 1 slot...
    “Rage Against The Machine was built for moments like this,” added Rage Against The Machine’s Tom Morello. “That historic chart upset the other night is one we’re very proud to have been a part of, but more proud that it showed that people uniting in solidarity can do anything. That’s the lasting message from this. It went from being ’let’s kick The X Factor off the top of the charts’ to a real people’s movement and, in the future, the energy behind it can be used for other social justice causes and not just chart-topping.”

Interesting thoughts
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Last week he also said something along the lines of "they're (RATM) taking the fun out of the Christmas number one race". :D

Haha, that's genius. Irony is clearly lost on that moron.

If anything, it actually created a race for the number one spot.

I'll bet my grandmother that Joe won't have a music career in 5 years. Rage had a music career before him and will have one afterwards.

Also funny is this: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/getrageoffnumber1spot/signatures

Though sadly it'll probably be taken off, given there are names such as "Adolf Hitler", "Bell End", "ICanSmellYourCunt" and my personal favourite, "Bitter Moaning Faced Loser That Can't Face That Someone That's Not A Glorified Karaoke Singer Wasn't Gifted The Inevitable Number 1 At Xmas :-(".