Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Girls preferably.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really don't like talking about this but I need to get it off my chest as I'm panicing about it way too much.
If my mom or some mates ask if I'm on my period I say yes, only for the fact that I don't want to tell them I have missed my periods 4 months or maybe 5 if I miss this month. I definitely know I'm not pregnant before anyone says I could be. It is not possible for me to be, as I'm a virgin. If any girls know what could be wrong or may have happened please let me know. x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are a lot of things it could be, some as simple as stress or not eating right.

If you've missed so many periods, you really should see a doctor, just to make sure there's nothing bigger going on. Plus, chances are it's something easily fixed, and then you'll be back to normal and not panicking anymore :)
    When I was underweight my periods stopped, could this be the reason? I also know that being over weight can cause it too...
    So, maybe this?
    Although it could be anything, dont worry :)
    Maybe see a doctor? Or look on the web about it? :) x
    Being underweight, stress, loads of things could stop your periods. So long as you're sure you're not pregnant it's probably ok, but go to the doctor if you're still worried :)
    But stop panicking..!! x
    I agree with the above, either go to your doctor or your local family planning/GUM clinic :)
    heya,
    im a normal weight and i don't have periods anymore. it can have something to do with stress or medication etc.....have you spoken to your gp about this??
    xflower123x
    Heya

Check out this link for some possible causes of your missed periods:
    http://www.thesite.org.uk/healthandwellbeing/generalhealth/womenshealth/missedperiods
    thank's a lot :) everything is back to normal now.
    You should still see a doctor. I didn't have my period for 5 months after stopping the pill 3 years ago (after a break up). So while I was on the pill, I had regular forced periods. So I got it checked and I was diagnosed with PCOS. Get checked, just in case, you can have either no periods or irregular periods with that.
    what is PCOS?
    It's Poly cystic ovary syndrome i think
    I missed my period for about 6 months and was really worried, so I know what it's like. I went to the doctors for something else, and then mentioned it and they said that it was probably some ovary syndrome and that there's nothing you can do about it except go on the pill if you want regular peiods.
    However, if you are really worried about it, go to the doctors, because I know that when I did I felt so much better because I had an answer, even though I couldn't do anything about it. :) x