Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Macroeconomics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Has anybody taken this?

Everybody says its hard, but I'm here to let you know ITS NOT. I'm about to ace it. All you need to know is a basic understanding of algebra and your good. I was all worried at first cause everybody hyped it up to be such a difficult course. (Maybe Advanced Placement...)

I suggest taking this course, or some other class on economics. I think everybody should learn a little somethin' about economics. Good stuff to know.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Odd post, but I agree if everyone learnt a little about neo classical economics in general we'd be a bit better off. Same could be argued for any academic discipline though, if everyone learnt a different language, if everyone learnt OUR language, if everyone learnt a bit about healthcare, or about sociology (the way people are is so underrated imo).

Where do you start? And especially since so many are content to carry on with life not learning.
  • Options
    To quote the funniest man alive... Lewis Black

These guys believe that a 350 billion dollar tax cut will stimulate the economy, and they are full of shit. Because they don't know what stimulates the economy. The economy goes up, it goes down, it goes up, it goes down, it goes up, it goes down, nobody knows why the fuck it happens. And I know this because I took economics, and I'd explain it to yea'... but I flunked that course. Not my fault. They taught it at 8 o'clock in the morning. And there is absolute nothing that you can learn out of one bloodshot eye.

I also took that 8am economics class... never went and had 1 bloodshot eye and was convinced I didn't know a damn thing.

However, I recently passed test 2/3 of my teaching license which involved tons of economic questions so go me :p

Unfortunatly I took the wrong economics class at the last uni I went to and now have to take a different one this summer and I'd rather die.
  • Options
    Macro bumped up my second year average nicely. It made up for getting a 47 in International Finance.