Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

logo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all
i've designed a logo for a streetboard t-shirt and i wondered what u all thought:
24xnw2s.jpg

thats it, needs tweaking a bit (curly_boarder is another name on a diffrent forum! lol so won't be on there in the final version) but yeah, any tips would be great thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not bad but I feel like there should be something in the top right as it looks a bit plain. Could you not put the writing in the top right corner instead of across the boarder? Obviously in a different colour of course, the dark grey maybe. That's my opinion though, others may disagree.
    Might look shit but I thought maybe have something in the corner as squeal said... I was thinking a big black crow or something!? To match the arms...
    Or an eagle like so....

96661201.jpg

or

66379929.jpg

haha
    I prefer the black eagle, but that looks good, I like that.
    fair enough, i'm designing it for a team or apperal company that i might be starting with a few other boarders so if i work out what thats called it will go up on that! :)

Anyway, thanks for the advice!
    tricking it up man! lol
    http://www.vimeo.com/4480594
    these are a few guys i skate with on the flipside team! not the best in the world but still able to tear it up
    freeboard u say???? never heard of it
    GOOGLEING IT NOW! lol

edit: is it just a longboard with straps??? lol thats the top result and i cba to look at others! lol
    The whole spinning around on the floor thing looks like ballet on a skateboard. Maybe 'swan lake' would have worked better than lost prophets ;)
    "This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings."
    yeah thats pretty cool, says ur from plymouth on ur profile (i think)
    not sure if theres any meets or ses's going down there in a while but there should be a few meets going on in bristol sometime after the winter,
    i'll let u know more about it nearer the time
    its needs a tad more colour i reckon....its really plain for me....
    thats the idea of it! i didn't want much colour in it as its just a basic logo for a t-shirt

i've got another one with more colour in it for the same thing but thats no way ready yet! so its not going up for ages! lol
    I like it. I don't think you should add to much colour though, if you do add colour only pale ones I reckon.
    Xx
    ahh i dont mean BRIGHT colours, pale ones would just give it abit more depth....
    yeah i still prefer it with those colours, its a logo for a t-shirt
    also i tried it with diffrent colours I.e paler like u said and it just didn't work as well imo, try and imiagine it against a black, dark purple or white background on a t-shirt,i just don't think pale colours would work as well
    yeah thats why i'm basically having the backgrounds white, black and possibly a deep purple so thats only 4 colours :)
    so i've done a 2nd version, not changed the colours but added some trucks and changed the hand, let me know what u think of this one:
    hand still needs some work but its defo better than it was
    149pbmb.png