Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

On the first day of Xmas my cabin crew said to me...

brace yourself for 12 days of mi-se-ryyyy...

BA Cabin Crew in 12 days of strikes over Christmas

I'm surprised nobody has commented on this yet.

I think the seriousness of the potential consequences of the strikes going ahead should be obvious. I do hope they work out something out...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hope you can get round it ladin if your thinking of Spain.
    Have a good 'un.
    Not going anywhere this year but two people at work alone are going to be affected.

I'm all for strikes even when it comes a certain amount of inconvenience to the public, but striking over the entire Xmas period is a bit hardcore IMO.
    Why not strike from 5th January?

The cynic in me would say that a) They wouldn't then have an extended Xmas break and b) it wouldn't cause so much disruption and therefore would have less impact.

I'm usually pretty supportive of Unions, but there's been a few lately that I've really struggled to find good basis for strike action and this is one of them. Best paid cabin crews (apparently)...
    If you're going to strike you do it to cause the most inconvience possible. It seems a little hypocritical to go on about how great strike action is and then complain the time it affects you...

Personally I think its counterproductive, but then so are 90% of strikes (including the ones I've been on)
    Aladdin did you write the title? it's very creative :p
    It's the Xmas spirt, it gets to you and inspires you :D
    hey, surely a few grounded planes is good for the enviromnet, slowing down global warming, no?
    katralla wrote: »
    hey, surely a few grounded planes is good for the enviromnet, slowing down global warming, no?
    I don't think it'll be enough to get a white Christmas tbh.
    Update: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8418805.stm

Strike ruled as illegal.
    I couldn't believe it when I read they only work 900 hours a year. They should all be sacked imo.
    Got to admit I'm with Unite on this everything I heard was that they took all reasonable steps to ensure that only those who weren't about to be made redundant could vote, but that they couldn't be 100% accurate

Still think the strike is a waste of time though...
    .. and with a 9:1 ratio on the "yes" vote, I don't think those few really made much difference.

Still, the strike is now going to take place after New Year so that's a positive.
    I'm due to fly home on 22 December, so I'm quite glad the strike won't be going ahead as planned.:yippe: