Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I Cant Beleive It !!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive got the msn of this really amazing guy that my friend dated a while back, i was starting to get a little crush on him, he is so amazing and is really sweet. then he told me he takes weed i was just like OH MY GOSH i know tons of people that take weed but they're all like 16 he' only 13 and i dont want to get involved with someone like that. thing is he is a great friend WHAT THE FUDGE AM I MEANT TO DO?!
can anyone help me out here?
x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There isn't a lot you can do. The only thing you can try is to educate him about the dangers of what he is doing, and also the consequences, i.e. if he is caught with it on him by the Police etc. It's down to him to stop smoking it, and you also don't want to start sounding like his mother either. What someone does is their decision and unfortunately you can't change that so you will either have to put up with it or not be his friend if it's going to be such an issue.
    What disturbs me is that children can get hold of dope so easily.

Drug dealers rarely have a social conscience. That's part of the price you pay for taking drugs as an adult - your custom gives the dealer a better foothold amongst the rest of the community. I'm not lecturing. I like an occasional toke of the magical 'erb myself from time to time.
    Teagan wrote: »
    Drug dealers rarely have a social conscience. That's part of the price you pay for taking drugs as an adult - your custom gives the dealer a better foothold amongst the rest of the community. I'm not lecturing. I like an occasional toke of the magical 'erb myself from time to time.

That sounds more like pusher.

You'll find a lot of kids are bringing it into schools to sell it to their mates. For some bizarre reason they don't think it's dealing in those circumstances. I caught 2 last week in a "good" school and normally find people in posession about 3 or 4 times a month. They don't realise that they face being expelled as well as getting arrested.

It's extremely rare for local twats to hang around the school gates with the intention of selling drugs. Schools in my neck of the woods normally have a fair police presence around during peak times which tends to deter the dealers. The last one we had who chanced it is being prosecuted for trespassing on educational premises to teach them that hanging around the school is a bad idea.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    You'll find a lot of kids are bringing it into schools to sell it to their mates. For some bizarre reason they don't think it's dealing in those circumstances. I caught 2 last week in a "good" school and normally find people in posession about 3 or 4 times a month. They don't realise that they face being expelled as well as getting arrested.

It's extremely rare for local twats to hang around the school gates with the intention of selling drugs. Schools in my neck of the woods normally have a fair police presence around during peak times which tends to deter the dealers. The last one we had who chanced it is being prosecuted for trespassing on educational premises to teach them that hanging around the school is a bad idea.
    Such people should get ten years hard labour.
    Such people should get ten years hard labour.

Which, the twats who hang around the gates or the kids who don't think theres anything wrong with smuggling it into school???

I certainly think the punishments for both should be more serious, and nationally consistent. Currently, the punishment for the latter differs by school. One school I work in expel for posession of the drug, whilst another one only expels if caught supplying on 2 seperate occasions......

It's something where I think the local education authority should step in and tell the schools what punishments need to be given for serious things like this, and other things such as bringing a knife to school, serious assaults e.t.c.
    I know there needs to be local discretion retained, especially for minor things, but the current system isn't tough enough imho, and where you're allowing a kid caught with drugs he's supplying to other students to remain in school it sends out totally the wrong message, especially when a school several miles away does things differently.
    I know there needs to be local discretion retained, especially for minor things, but the current system isn't tough enough imho, and where you're allowing a kid caught with drugs he's supplying to other students to remain in school it sends out totally the wrong message, especially when a school several miles away does things differently.

Supply within a school is a massive problem - in the modern economy of cannabis supply, particularly in poorer areas, this CAN be a gateway for young people into other forms of criminality. It also brings young children (and we are talking children here) into close contact with criminal networks.

The gateway theory of drugs was always bollocks for usage; but oddly in some circumstances it increasingly has legs in relation to economics and supply.

Another great reason for decriminalisation.

To the original poster - if you aren't comfortable, try talking to the lad about it, but don't get involved if you don't feel comfortable with it.
    I know a lot of people who started smoking pot at around that age, the majority without any problems at all (except perhaps failing exams, but that looked rather likely anyway.

This is definitely one of the stronger reasons for legal supply of drugs, it would give us some (rather than no) control over who uses drugs.
    thanks for all the feedback people its been really helpfull and i decided the best bet was just to leave him to it. he decided he doesnt want to be friends with me any more so it just means i dont need to worry bout it :)
    i was smoking it at 14.

Most of us get it off older brothers or our mates brothers.
    And, in response to the question, theres nothing you can really do. If he doesn't want to quit, he doesn't want to quit. If you don't wanna get involved, don't get involved. You can be friends with him and not do drugs. Good luck.
    Xx
    seemed fairly commonplace to me to get stoned out with the fellow dope smokers in school, and for people to whack in for smoke to split between em etc

i was flat out at it at 15/16

touts out :angel:
    Good decision to leave him to it. If he's not going to listen to warnings, don't get yourself further involved by supporting his actions with friendship. It's not a good thing to be doing whatever age you are. Alexandraaaah, you have really good standards, you should be proud, stick with them! Someone who is perfect will come along one day and you won't have to worry about a thing! xx