Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to make this photo more interesting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How can I make this photo more interesting?

I've been messing about with the photo in Photoshop and I don't know what to do with it.

If anyone can think of anything, please feel free and copy it.

If no one can do anything with it, I'll delete it off my computer.

UnderMalCov.jpg

Comments

• Options
    78927418.jpg
  • Options
    Any more ideas?
  • Options
    23 views and no replies?
  • Options
    Thank you wooooah for taking your time to play with the picture and reply, that looks very cool ;)

Every time I see scenic pictures I think they should be puzzles... I am my grandmas granddaughter!
  • Options
    Can't really do much more than woooooooh has already done with it.
  • Options
    I want to add a bear to it ;)

but i dont think i could deal with the prase and large amount of thank you's that Mr Whooooooooah got. ;)
  • Options
    You're welcome myname ;)
  • Options
    To me there's something quite nice/sinister/dramatic about that central tree seperated from the wood. Well enough to have spent a few minutes messing about with it anyway :)

4178689411_d7b4e28ea9_o.gif
    4178689709_78e31dc65b_o.gif
    4179452800_9beb5ed090_o.gif
  • Options
    i loooove woahs version, its lovely!
  • Options
    For me, that tree in the middle is the focal point, and focal points generally look better when they're not centred. I also felt the amount of space above the line of the water took away from that really interesting rocky path in the middle. So I cropped and straightened it.

Also thought the colours were pretty wishy washy, so either I'd add some in, or, as woooooooah already covered that angle, strip down to black and white for the moody, arty look:

4178786363_c2dcf1ea43_o.jpg
  • Options
    It looks cool in B+W. Did you use my version or did you also change the sky to reduce the white saturation?
  • Options
    It looks cool in B+W. Did you use my version or did you also change the sky to reduce the white saturation?

I used the original, but tampered a lot with the exposure and blacks to get a good contrast. I dampened down the brightness of the sky to stop your eye flitting off up and off the top of the picture!
  • Options
    Looks good... I'm a sucker for contrast!
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    For me, that tree in the middle is the focal point, and focal points generally look better when they're not centred. I also felt the amount of space above the line of the water took away from that really interesting rocky path in the middle. So I cropped and straightened it.

Also thought the colours were pretty wishy washy, so either I'd add some in, or, as woooooooah already covered that angle, strip down to black and white for the moody, arty look:

<3
  • Options
    78927418.jpg

Sorry I haven't replied. I've been busy with work lately.

THANK YOU wooah.
    Jim V wrote: »
    To me there's something quite nice/sinister/dramatic about that central tree seperated from the wood. Well enough to have spent a few minutes messing about with it anyway :)

4178689411_d7b4e28ea9_o.gif

Not bad but to be honest they are not really my thing. Thank you for trying though:)

Olive wrote: »

Loved it Olive. I have started to take up an interest in black & white photos recently and I love what you have done with it. Although I think the tree in the middle is an eye-sore, I like it in this photo. :)
  • Options
    my fave is jim's second one. dunno why.
  • Options
    Here you go
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Here you go

haha :heart:
  • Options
    Win.

I like the poor old tree, it might be ugly but without it the picture would be boring.