Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Book: Children of the Dust

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I am re-reading Children of the Dust by Louise Lawrence, Laura suggested it to me years ago and I read it once and I forgot about it, A computer game of all things reminded me about it the other day and I started to re-read it again, and my god I forgot how good it was, such a sad but lovely story about what "could" happen in a post apocalypic world,

Anyone else here read it? if so what did you think? if not this blurb might interest you
Everyone thought, when the alarm bell rang, that it was just another fire practice. But the first bombs had fallen on Hamburg and Leningrad, the headmaster said, and a full-scale nuclear attack was imminent. It's a real life nightmare. Sarah and her family have to stay cooped up in a tightly sealed kitchen for days on end, dreading the inevitable radioactive fall-out and the subsequent slow, torturous death, which seems almost preferable to surviving in a grey, dead, world, choked by dust. But then, from out of the dust and the ruins and the desolation, comes new life, a new future, and a whole brave new world...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments