Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Amanda Knox Guilty!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sick of people saying "poor Amanda's family" what about Meredith's family, they are never going to see their daughter alive again? grr.
    jamelia wrote: »
    Come on now, really, who of us are in any position to say? All we have read are the sensationalised media reports.

I can see no justification for your certainty that she is 'guilty as sin'. I don't know whether she did it or not, but I know a lot of the information that we have been told about her has been interpreted to sound pretty fucking sinister when it's the normal behaviour or most 20 year olds - she liked having sex, she took drugs every now and then. Hardly makes her a sex obsessed blood thirsty monster.

Where did I say 'certainty that she is 'guilty as sin'.?
    I said 'my opinion'.
    And fair enough the media upto an extent have probable influenced my opinion and others but inbetween the sensationalised media reports we have all read about there is alotta evidence that points to her guilt.
    And I try to ignore all the BS storys and make my opinion up on only the actual evidence.
    American hippocriticy once again.
    The crime happined on Italian soil so rightly should be tried under the Italian legal system.
    Fair enough I dont agree with media reports during a trial but thats allowed in Italy and who are we to argue with that fact.
    I just hope she does the 26 years and doesnt end up gettin off on a technicality or by the USA putting the pressure on.
    she'd have been found not guilty in California:rolleyes:
    she'd have been found not guilty in California:rolleyes:
    I don't know how anyone could know that for certain.
    lea_uk wrote: »

Right, I meant it as a sarcastic comment about the fact that juries in Southern California have a reputation for acquitting people.
    Sorry, I didn't know that.
    It's just that some people have been saying that if he had been tried in a US court she would've been found not guilty.
    I'm sick of people saying "poor Amanda's family" what about Meredith's family, they are never going to see their daughter alive again? grr.

So a msicarriage of justice is acceptable because the victim's family are sufering?

Sorry, I don't subscribe to that point of view. Better a guilty person free than an innocent inside.

She's white and pretty. It's pretty much a given, is what I suspect he means ;)