Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bank/bonus ....

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Saw this at the cinema yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmU3xoFrPJM

From reading Cityboy's book, it seems the bonus culture in investment banking is much less based on real skills than on schmoozing, blagging and gambling. However since he's a complete twat too it's hard to trust what he says either.

Love the ad:yes:
    I find it very interesting that Jesus ...the son of God ...the man of wisdom and peace ...only ever loses his rag and become destrucive when dealing with the bankers ...theres a message in there somewhere.

they got their revenge on him though and nailed him to the cross ;)

protip: dont mess with the bankers :p
    I find it very interesting that Jesus ...the son of God ...the man of wisdom and peace ...only ever loses his rag and become destrucive when dealing with the bankers ...theres a message in there somewhere.

I think a little research will reveal you have neglected the lawyers and the priests who were subjected to similar revulsion (most notably in the book of Matthew).

Bankers,lawyers and priests . . . . . the Unholy Trinity ?
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    they got their revenge on him though and nailed him to the cross ;)

protip: dont mess with the bankers :p

Maybe because he was not a taxpayer ?
    I think a little research will reveal you have neglected the lawyers and the priests who were subjected to similar revulsion (most notably in the book of Matthew).

Bankers,lawyers and priests . . . . . the Unholy Trinity ?

Oh for sure he didn't like the religous lot ...in fact calling them vipers and the sons of satan but ...the only people he ever seems to have gotten violent with are the bankers.
    Its strange, many of those who are calling for a ban on bonuses, or tight restrictions on wages are the very same people who don't trust the government.

Aside from anything else I dont want a government who can decide someones individual wage.
    budda wrote: »
    Its strange, many of those who are calling for a ban on bonuses, or tight restrictions on wages are the very same people who don't trust the government.

Aside from anything else I dont want a government who can decide someones individual wage.

But you don't mind those same people being responsible for policing education health defence and so on ...strange.
    No cash bonuses at Goldman Sachs

US bank Goldman Sachs has said that its 30 top executives will not receive any cash bonuses in 2009.

All bonuses will be in the form of restricted shares, which cannot be sold for five years.

The new policy is aimed at discouraging excessive risk-taking in the wake of the global financial crisis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8406860.stm
    But you don't mind those same people being responsible for policing education health defence and so on ...strange.

Not really. Education, health etc. are needed for the greater social good. I just don't have enough faith in government to want to give them control over the private businesses.

Rather than worrying about bonuses we should be worrying about getting our money back by (given we are a majority shareholder) taking some of the banks profits to repay our debt.
    budda wrote: »
    Rather than worrying about bonuses we should be worrying about getting our money back by (given we are a majority shareholder) taking some of the banks profits to repay our debt.

Isn't that what they are doing? The banks are trying to pay out their profits in the form of bonus payments when what they should be doing is giving it back to us.