Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i wanna join...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the army when i;ve left uni, so i've got a good few years ahead of me before i join it, if i do
but i wanna know, will my past/current depression affect selection? if i still have it then i can understand the selection worrying but if its in my past?

anyone with any info please :D
thanks curly

Comments

• Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    the army when i;ve left uni, so i've got a good few years ahead of me before i join it, if i do
    but i wanna know, will my past/current depression affect selection? if i still have it then i can understand the selection worrying but if its in my past?

anyone with any info please :D
    thanks curly

It can, is it down on your medical that you have/have had depression?

if so it can be knocked back for it as the last thing they want is you going private pile on everyone.
  • Options
    You would have to ask a recruiting office about this, as it all depends on various factors, and since im not a medical expert I cant really comment.

If it is down on your medical records you will have to be brutally honest about it on forms and dont lie, if you did end up getting in you could get in some serious shit about lying or as the poster above said, go private pile on someone and its a job that has been known to affect the mental health of people with no history of illness.

Like I said, best to check with a recruiting office, as no two applications are the same, but do be aware that there is the potential for issues here.
  • Options
    ah okay, i'm not applying yet, but i'm defintly considering it, i've talked to my conciler about it and he said that he would advise me if i'm still in contact with him about joining the army after uni. But he reckons this time i shouldn't be on ADs for 2 long as we both know what i'm gonna have to do so yeah :)

And i would in no way lie on a form as my friend did that after the first year of college and now is in a hugeeeeeeeeeee pile of shit for it