Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Uni of Staffordshire

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anybody go there, or know anybody who goes there? :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nope, and nope.

Do you go there?
    X
    I'm looking at studying there in september :) Just wanted to find some students who could give me their view on the uni, not the one they are told to give :P
    Well, I no nothing about it lol x
    But Chicester uni is good, miles away from London though lolz.
    Xx
    I used to go. What campus would your course be? Stoke or Stafford?
    I'd be looking at going to the Stafford one to do Network computing :)

The computers and labs and stuff looked really good! What one did you go to/study?
    Heya,
    Ive got a mate that has just started his first year doing something like drama at staffordshire but they are in the stoke campus
    xx
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Does anybody go there, or know anybody who goes there? :)
    CoolMe - I studied at Staffs uni, Stafford campus. I now continue to live in Stafford although it wasn't my town of upbringing.

Be warned though - Stafford campus is like 6:1 male and I'm not exaggerating. It's because it has all of the technology courses, and some stupid git decided to move the humanities (along with its girls) to Stoke campus. It's good if you want all-nighter LAN parties with 4 other blokes and a crate of beer. Just don't expect to have a girlfriend during your 3 years.

Technologically though, Stafford campus has that Octagon building, which is high up on the list in Europe.
    Cheers for that Mon, I did notice when sitting in some of the talks that their was like a tiny amount of girls.... :o
    Yeah, you need to take the train to Hanley or Leek Road for Stoke venues. The main plus point for me was that I had a T1 connection in my bedroom in 1999 while non-Staffs uni people were still on 56-gay. Nowadays, it's not so significant because most domestic line speeds e.g. Virgin Media are faster than T1.
    I was at the Stoke campus.

Stafford is a really nice town compared to Stoke but if you are looking for the more social side, bars, clubs, shopping etc then be prepared to catch the train to Stoke. Stafford campus obviously has it's own union and societies and stuff, but there is quite a bit more to do in Stoke as a whole compared to Stafford. There is a bus you can catch from campus to campus ( I assume it's still running).

I think Staffs has got quite a good rep for computing courses and the facilities are really good so definitely consider it.

I got a letter today funny enough from staffs inviting me along for an interview! :D

I did ask one of the guides who was studying at staffs what stoke is like, and he said he'd never been! So i was a little taken back!