Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self-harm websites

C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
Hello :wave:

We've had this request come in from Yasmine, a student doing clinical psychology. She wants to know more about your thoughts/attitudes on self-harm websites.

Feel free to fill in as much as you can. Any help would be greatly appreciated by Yasmine.

Thanks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi everyone, my name is Yasmine Dabbs and I am a trainee clinical psychologist. As part of my 3rd year thesis I am conducting a study which is looking into the possible positive, neutral, or negative effects that using self-harm websites might have on individuals who self-harm.

I am also interested in finding out what type of professional help people who self-harm would like to have in the future, whether this be in the form of internet counselling, internet support groups, or face-to-face / group support or therapy that is not-internet based.

In order to find out this information, I need volunteers to complete my questionnaire. It will take around 10-15 minutes and is totally confidential. It has also been approved by University of Hertfordshire ethics. If you would like to take part in my study, please click on this link to the questionnaire: http://www.psy.herts.ac.uk/self/ .

Many thanks for any help you can provide with this.

Kind regards,

Yasmine

Comments

This discussion has been closed.